Chapter 32

In the next few days, Drea continued to see random numbers and symbols, but she still couldn’t make any sense of them. She’d been trying to meditate to access the information, with no success so far. She didn’t understand it, but kept up with her everyday training. Today was no exception.

Drea was in the underground training area when Shena came in. She stood off to the side as Drea created and threw new weapons. When Drea felt Shena’s aura, she turned to clash swords with her. Shena looked more than ready with her huge sword as Drea held her off with her katana. “Are you ready for that rematch Andrea?”

Drea narrows her eyes angrily. “You’re not going to win this time.” She could already feel her heart beat rising as her anger grew.

“I doubt that,” Shena said. The two of them took their stance across the room as Drea changed her weapon to the scythe and the spiked glove.

“I’ll fight you like a real Weaponsmaster this time.” Drea felt her nerves calm and her mind begin to play out many different possibilities. The Shrine had given her the necessary knowledge, and now she’d be able to use all that information she gained to win.

Drea struck first, feeling completely confident in her movements. It felt like she’d done it a million times, but with her combined memories of the Weaponsmasters past, she kind of had. Shena countered and disappeared, using her speed to try and get around Drea.

Drea knew better now though. She knew exactly where Shena was even though she couldn’t see her. She rushed off as well, moving just as fast as Shena. They clashed in the middle of the room, metal on metal, their faces twisted in rage. Then Drea took her hand with the glove off the scythe and punched in Shena’s direction, releasing a blast of energy and fire.

Shena slid backwards as she took the hit, digging her sword into the ground to act as an anchor. Drea had never seen anyone besides the Lori look so angry, and wondered where Shena’s hatred came from. Before she had time to think about it further, Shena rushed forward in an attempt to surprise her.

Shena disappeared a millisecond before she was supposed hit her, and reappeared behind Drea. Shena raised her sword, only to be blocked by Drea’s staff. Shena’s eyes widened, as if she’d forgotten Drea could change her weapons, but her surprise faded immediately.

Shena tried to maneuver around Drea, but Drea’s reach increased by using the staff. She was able to block and stop Shena from moving her weapon. Drea automatically felt Shawn’s presence in her, remembering every movement he’d used with the staff.

Drea used the staff to get the weapon out of Shena’s hands, and then created her needles. She threw them at Shena, pinning her to the wall by her clothing.

Shena looked even madder at Drea for getting the upper hand, but Drea didn’t give her the chance to turn it around. She rushed forward with a knife and held the cold steel next to Shena’s throat. Her anger unintentionally set the knife on fire, but Drea ignored it, staring straight into Shena’s eyes.

That’s when she heard footsteps behind her. Drea didn’t turn, but she already knew who it was. “What are you guys doing here?” Her voice was completely calm and void of emotion.  

The three of them came closer until they were only a few feet behind Drea. “I think you’ve won Andrea,” Danny said calmly.

Instead of answering him, Drea spoke only to Shena. Why do you have such hatred for me?

It’s your fault things have gotten bad in the last six years. Shena looked away from Drea.

How?