Chapter 27

Drea slept soundly for the rest of that night, her dreams peaceful and calm. It had been such a long time since she’d slept so well.  

            She was awakened by the feeling of multiple auras. It scared her for a moment before she remembered where she was. Drea opened her eyes and saw Danny, Toni, Shena, and John standing near the door in a tight circle. They were speaking in hushed tones, but the real question was if they didn’t want to wake her up or if they didn’t want her to hear.

            She sat up and looked at them with wary eyes. John noticed she’d awoken and they all looked towards her. It was quiet now. They didn’t look too serious, and Danny even looked a little nonchalant.

            “What?” It had been quiet for about a minute now.

            “Oh, nothing,” said Shena. She walked over and stood next to Drea. “Are you ready for another day?”

            Drea changed to her Kaienshi uniform and put her hair up. Her bangs hung down the side of her face. What were you guys talking about? Drea asked Danny as they left.

            Ugh, nothing important. Danny definitely sounded like he didn’t like that conversation.

            Drea thought it was suspicious, but she shrugged it off and continued walking with them. She thought they would take her back down to the training room, but instead they led her somewhere else.

            They headed through a part of the town that looked older and more run down, with wooden houses that resembled the ones Drea saw in Korena’s vision. It was like they were leaving the city, but Drea knew they weren’t going that far.

            That’s when they came upon the exact same place that Korena had been. Drea’s vision automatically changed to what she’d seen through Korena’s eyes. She fell to her knees as more memories of this place flooded into her. She couldn’t stop the searing pain from spreading relentlessly through her skull as she held her head.

            Someone knelt down next to her, but she couldn’t tell who it was as her vision switched between memories and reality. She remained on the ground with her eyes closed until the pain began to subside. Drea opened her eyes to see her knees. She realized that she was sitting on the ground with her head between her hands, her elbows on her thighs.

            Drea looked up, her vision still a little blurry, to see Danny sitting next to her, that same concerned look on his face that she remembered. She got on her hands and knees and stood with his help. They all looked concerned.  

            “Andrea, are you alright?” Danny asked quietly.

            “I-I’m fine,” she responded slowly as she looked around. She only saw the houses now, not another soul in sight.

            “What happened?” asked John.

            It was obvious she couldn’t lie her way out of this one. There was no need to lie anymore anyway. “I have visions sometimes,” she began. “One of the previous Weaponsmasters, Korena, showed me a vision of her walking through this place a while ago. It all just came back to me….”

            “Wait, you get visions of previous Weaponsmasters?” Now even Shena was looking interested. She approached Drea with new curiosity.

            “Yes,” Drea said slowly, rubbing her eyes. “It’s like I’m in their bodies sometimes.” No one said anything else, but Toni kept looking at her with round eyes.