18. Ian

"Zayn what are you doing here?" His mother asked, placing the four-year-old boy in her hands on the floor. He ran to go play with his toys in the corner of the room.

"I wanted to talk to you and I haven't seen you in two years mom" Zayn stood awkwardly in the doorway examining Ian in the corner.

"How is he?" Zayn asked, glancing over at his mom.

"He's fine, not like you actually give a crap about him" his mother muttered, sitting down on the couch opposite of him.

"What are you talking about?" Zayn said, taking a few steps towards her.

"What I'm talking about is, the fact that you abandoned your own child to go on tour, after two years of hiding him here you just dump everything and abandon him" Trisha yelled, her voice dripping with disgust.

Zayn's face fell, "You know I had no choice mom, you think I wanted to leave my son behind?" Zayn yelled back his voice bouncing off the walls.

He took a deep breath before speaking up once more, "Look, I'm sorry, but I missed two years of his life, and I don't want to miss anymore, considering that he is going to have a new sibling soon" Zayn said a smile appearing on his face.

Trisha froze, gulping she opened her mouth to speak, "Did you say another sibling?" she asked walking towards her son.

"Yes, Emily is pregnant, " he smiled. Trisha's hand flew to her mouth and she wrapped her son in a hug. She cried on his shoulder, her heart swelled in her chest.

"Ian you're going to have a brother or sister" Trisha smiled, picking him up in her arms.

"This is your daddy, do you remember him?" Trisha said, Ian shook head, Trisha then placed him in Zayn's arms.

"Hi, Ian" Zayn smiled.

"Hi" Ian mumbled placing his thumb in his mouth, his blonde hair ruffled on his head, and his dark brown eyes sparkling as he looked up at him. Zayn laughed and hugged his son.

"Is Destiny with you?" Trisha asked, walking over to the kitchen.

"No, has she been here since I left?" Zayn asked, placing Ian on the couch.

"No, she had to move to Massachusetts, moved right after you left, but Ian always asks about where his parents are, and I always have to tell him that you were coming back eventually, even if I didn't believe it. I thought she would at least come back when she heard you were here" Trisha said.

Zayn sighed, "I really am sorry mom, " he said, walking over to her and hugging her.

"I forgive you, son, " she smiled, hugging him back. Zayn couldn't even explain the regret he felt, he knew he had to make it up to Ian he just didn't know how.

*

"Em, you've been in that room all morning, can you please come out I want to talk to you" Clara called through the door. She had noticed that Emily was very quiet during breakfast and left halfway through, so she knew something was wrong. Clara sighed and knocked on the door a few more times when she finally heard the door click and pull open to reveal Emily. Her eyes were bright red and there were tears rolling down her face.

"Em, what happened?" Clara asked, sitting down on her bed next to her.

"Zayn, he never came back last night and I'm worried sick about him" Emily cried. Clara leaned over and hugged her.

"I'm sure he's fine Em, he'll be back soon I'm sure of it" Clara comforted her.

"I just don't want to deal with this alone, I just can't do it by myself," Emily said, her voice cracking with every word she spoke.

"You're not alone, you have me, and I will help you in the best way I can, I know what it's like to deal with this" Clara said but instantly regretted it.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Emily asked, pulling back to look at her.

Clara quickly searched for a response, "Oh, um my cousin went through the same thing" she lied through her teeth.

"Oh," Emily said, Clara was thankful she didn't say anything else.

A few hours later, Emily had fallen asleep and Clara sat in a chair across from the bed. She wanted to make sure she was alright before leaving. She stood up and glanced at her one more time, placing the blanket on top of her before exiting the room. Only to bump into Zayn in the hallway.

"Where have you been?" Clara whispered, closing the bedroom door behind.

"I went to see Ian" Zayn replied. Clara's eyes widened and her breath hitched. She looked back and forth down the hallway before pulling Zayn into an empty bedroom.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Clara said locking the door behind her.

"I had to go, I needed to see him, I thought I would let him and my mom know that he was going to have a sibling" Zayn smiled.

Clara hit his shoulder, "I thought we agreed that you weren't going to get involved in Ian's life, " she said running a hand through her hair.

"I know, but I thought-" Zayn started, but Clara cut him off.

"No you can't do this, what if Emily finds out about Ian, how are you suppose to tell them that you had a child after one drunken mistake" Clara mumbled her head swirling with thoughts.

"I thought we agreed that we would leave this in the past, and let Ian grow up with his grandmother?" she continued.

"I know, but I want to be a part of his life, I already missed too much," Zayn said firmly.

Clara sighed, "Zayn, you can't go back there, do you even remember how we had to keep this a secret from ever one. " Clara pointed out.

"Fine, I won't go back there, but you need to see him, he needs to see his 'mother' " Zayn said.

"I'm not his mother" Clara replied.

"Well, you're his aunt and your the closest thing he has to a mother," Zayn said before opening the door.

Only to see Sarah falling in right onto the floor in front of them.

"Hi guys, " she said, laughing nervously. Zayn and Clara glanced at one another before shutting the door.

"Alright, tell us what you heard," Clara said, picking the girl up sitting her down on the bed.

Drama, Drama Drama, so guess what you. Just found out. Clara is Ian's aunt? Well, if you figured that out you must now know that she is related to either Zayn or Destiny. But which one is it? , Find out in the next chapter. Leave comments below on what you think will happen. Bye

-Tay 😍❤