26. New Beginnings

Zayn took a deep breath, he had never been this nervous in his life. He tried to keep his cool as he performed. As he was halfway finished his third song, he asked the band to stop. They looked at him confused but obliged.

The crowd noise died down as they all mumbled to one another confused as to what was going on, "I have something I need to say" he said into the mic. Everyone watched him, the area so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"I messed up, I really messed up, I hurt the one person I ever loved the most. I broke her heart and I hate myself for it-" he paused taking another deep breath. "I know she probably will never forgive me, but I need to ask her this, Emily, if you are watching, I want you to know that I love so much, and I have something I need to ask you, will you marry me?".

After he said that the crowd went wild, their screams extremely loud, "Oh my god did he just propose?" one of them screamed. Zayn smiled into the camera hoping that she saw this, it was his last chance of having the love of his life back in it.

*

Clara walked through the grinding young people and held her breath from the smoke-filled room. Couples were making out on the couch, while the others were pushed up against each other on the dance floor. She had no idea where to find Harry so she asked one of the people sitting on the couch by themselves.

They, of course, could not hear her over the booming music so she gave up and went on a scavenger hunt herself. That was when she looked back and saw two guards enter from the elevator and scanned the area. Her eyes widened and she walked as fast as she could away from that area. They, unfortunately, saw her and yelled, "Get back here" which caused her to walk to turn into running. She sprinted into the first bedroom, she could find. She breathed a breath of relief as she pressed her face against the door. However, when she turned around, she saw something she couldn't unsee, a couple doing the dirty.

"Oh my god, " she screamed and open the door quickly exiting. She shook her head, disgusted, but quickly looked down the hall to see if the coast was clear. She sighed and made her way further down the hall trying to forget what she just saw. She opened another door which thankfully was the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and sat on the toilet. The night was not going as she had planned and it was very overwhelming she thought she would never find him, Suddenly she heard a groaning noise come from behind the shower curtain. She was scared that she would find another couple in the bathtub, but she pulled the curtain away anyways. She only came to see Harry laying in the tub, a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"Harry?" she asked, taking the bottle out of his hands. His hair was messy, and his eyes were barely able to stay open.

"Clara?, wow, I must be really drunk now I'm imaging things" Harry laughed his head swaying from side to side.

"No Harry it's really me Clara, here, " she said, holding out a hand for him. He looked at it and smiled, he gave her a low five.

"Come on Harry we really need to go, " she said, leaning down to pick him up.

"No, I'm not going anywhere, I don't go anywhere with liars" Harry objected, his words slurring.

Clara sighed, "Look, we can talk about that later, now we need to leave, " she said, picking him out of the tub and onto his feet.

"The things I have to do for you, " she whispered, placing his arm around her shoulder.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked.

"Home, " she smiled dragging him down the hall and to the back door.

*

Clara stared up at the sky. It was a few minutes to midnight and Harry was passed out on her bed. She sighed and placed her arms on the balcony rail. She wasn't sure if when he was sober if he would forgive her. She had lied to him for four years and didn't know if that was forgivable. The night sky sparkled, the moon is the brightest light, the buildings ignited with their own lights, the scenery just capturing her. She had missed her home more than she thought she did. This where she grew up, where her best memories lived.

From here she could see the ball about to drop, it's multicolored shade shining. The countdown starts. Her mind filled with the following thoughts

10

'There was no going back now'

9

'The year would soon be just a chapter in my book'

8

'New Beginnings ahead'

7

'All the good and bad moments washing away'

6

'I hope this new year would be one of my best'

5

'I hope that this year won't be my last'

4

3

2

1

Clara smiled as she saw the fireworks burst into the air. There was no going back now, it was a new start and hopefully, it would be one that she would enjoy. "Happy New year, Alex, " she whispered, a few tears dropping from her crystal blue eyes. She wished that Alex was here more than anything. It broke her heart to know that he would not be able to see this New Year 2016. A few weeks after that would be his birthday, his sixteenth birthday. She pushed those thoughts out of her head and enjoyed the show for at this moment she felt alive.

Hello, it's me. :)

Hi, people hope you enjoyed and that you will read until the end because it is coming soon. ;)

-Tay