Lux

LUX POV:

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* "Ughhhh", I roll over and hit my alarm. 6 am is too early to be up! I just lay in bed until I hear my mom yelling up at me "LUX! Get your butt out of bed or your gonna be late for school!" "I'm up, I'm up!" I yell back at her while I walk toward my bathroom to shower quickly before I get ready for the day. After my shower I get dressed in my normal clothes, black skinny jeans and a random t-shirt. I slip on my converse and make my way to the kitchen for breakfast.
" Well good morning sleepy head! I thought I was going to have to come up there with some cold water to get you out of bed!" My mom says as I sit down at the table. " ha ha ha very funny mom!" I say as I basically inhale the pancakes she's put in front of me. After I finish breakfast I run back upstairs so I can finish getting ready for school. It's the first day of my senior year and I couldn't be more excited for this year to be over. I like school, but I'm just ready to start the next phase of my life, Alpha training! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I'm a werewolf, and not just any werewolf, I'm the next alpha of the Blood Moon pack. It'll be a big responsibility, but I'm excited to become alpha it's what I was born to do! Once I'm upstairs I dry my hair, but not all the way that way it keeps some of its natural curliness. My hair is brown and I've got green eyes. I'm not unattractive in anyway, but I don't think I'm anything special. I finish fixing my hair and putting on a little make up and I make my way back down stairs to say goodbye to my mom before I head to school. "Bye Mom!" I yell as I rush out the door to my car.

--------------------------------------------–——----------
Once I get to school I make my way to the cafeteria to find my friends. As soon as I walk into the cafeteria I hear someone calling my name. "Lux, Lux! Over here!" My best friend max yells at me I immediately smile and run over to her and give her a bone crushing hug. Max is shorter than me about 5'6 and she's got blue eyes with blonde hair she's sassy though and it makes up for her lack of height. "Max! How excited are you? It's our last year!" I ask as we sit down at a table. "I'm soooooo excited! Maybe we will meet our mates this year!" She replies wiggling her eyebrows and smirking. I just roll my eyes and shrug. "What? Don't you want to meet your mate?" Max asks. "Of course I do! But it's not the number one thing on my to do list you know?" I say. Ever since I've known max all she's ever wanted with her life is to meet her mate. If you're wondering a mate is something every werewolf has, they're basically our other half, the person you are meant to be with, your soulmate! Every year Max dreams of meeting her mate and having a family. I, on the other hand couldn't care less, sure it'd be nice to have a relationship, but it's not a priority right now I mean I'm only 18 I've got a lot time before I have to settle down, right? "Lux? Lux? LUX!" I snap out of my daydream and see another one of my friends standing in front of me shaking his head. "Oh hi Gabe" I say while I try and hide my blush after being caught day dreaming. "Hi lux you ready for this year?" he asks. I just shake my head saying yes while I try and recover from my embarrassment.He laughs and sits next to max while she rambles about what she thinks her mate might look like. Gabe is a tall kid he's about 6'3 with short brown hair and light brown eyes. After catching up with them for about ten minutes the bell rings and we all head to our individual classes. I have math first. I hate math with a burning passion! It's my worst subject. So I take my seat in the back and get my notebook out so I can "take notes" aka doodle because fuck math. "Alright class don't get too comfortable because we will have assigned seats this year!" My math teacher announces as he walks in. The whole class groans while standing up so they can move to their new seat. Unfortunately for me my new seat was in the front row. I sit down and slump into my seat hopefully if I'm quiet enough my teacher will just leave me alone. He asks us to go around the room and introduce ourselves and I have to go first so I say " hi my name is Lux Able and math is my worst subject." Then I sit back down after getting a frown from my teacher, and daydream until the class is over hopefully tomorrow's class will be more interesting....