Disappering

CALLIE POV:

The next day we were all sitting around the living room after dinner trying to think of a plan to stop the dark witches. "What if we just hide Callie until they give up?" Gabe suggested

"Won't work. They won't give up." I replied. "Well what do they want Callie?" Max questioned. You could tell she was determined to think of a solution today. "They want to know where the last white witch coven in North America is." Max's brow furrowed in concentration "so why don't you just tell them and warn the coven? That way they leave you alone!" I shook my head I can't believe that this is the only thing she could think of! "There's no way I'm doing that! Even if I wanted to I couldn't! I don't know where they are only my coven mothers did!"

It was silent for a few minutes until Lux spoke up for the first time all afternoon. "You could contact them. I know you know how. They would tell you and then this whole thing would be over." I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth.

I stood up and started pacing. My emotions were getting the better of me. "I won't do it." I said sternly she stood up as well and blocked my path. "Why not!" She yelled I could feel her anger,but I wasn't going to back down. "I won't put my people in danger just to save myself! I'd rather die than give them up!!"

She was shaking. Her hands balled into fists her eyes flickering. "We are your people! You are my mate! I love you! And if this will save you then I'm begging you please do it! Put yourself first for once!"

My heart stopped beating. She loves me? She never told me that she loved me before. Sure Jetta had told me many times, but Lux never had. "You love me?" I asked shyly.

Her glare softened and she pulled me into her embrace. "Of course I do! Which is why I want you to do this. Please!" She pleaded I pushed out of her arms and backed away

"I love you too Lux, but I can't, I won't! And if you really loved me you wouldn't ask me to!"  Her stare hardened and her eyes lit up.

"Do not question our love for you Callie! Lux just wants you to be safe! You will do this!!" Jetta screamed at me in her alpha voice. Something inside of me snapped and I could feel my eyes change "DON'T YOU DARE USE THAT VOICE WITH ME! I WON'T BETRAY MY PEOPLE!

I took a deep breathe and let myself calm down. "Max, Gabe please get her out of here before we both do something we regret!" I said my voice strained from my anger. My jaw ached from being clenched. 

They grabbed lux and tried pulling her out of the room, but she broke free and ran out the front door. I ran after her "Lux wait stop! It's dark!" I tried to yell, but she shifted and disappeared into the forest before I could stop her.

"Should we go after her? Gabe asked. I shook my head fighting back tears "no it's too dangerous. We have to wait until morning." Max pulled me into a hug "I'm so sorry Callie I shouldn't have suggested that. Don't worry to much about lux she's strong she'll be okay." She said softly. My body shook from sobbing.

"I-it's n-not your f-f-fault M-max its m-mine." I said between sobs she rubbed my back reassuringly.

"What's going on out here?" Someone asked behind us. Max let me go and I turned to see grace standing in the doorway looking very concerned. I ran into her arms breaking down all over again. "I'm s-s-so s-sorry." I cried into grace's shoulder. She wrapped her arms around me pulling me into the house. "Come on you three. You've got some explaining to do."

Grace led us into the kitchen with her arms still wrapped around my shoulders. We sat down at the table and she went to make us some tea.
"So are we telling the truth or what's the game plan here?" Gabe whispered. "We have nothing to hide from Grace she needs to know her daughter might be in danger." I said softly.