Punishment

MAX POV:

We were in Gabe's cell getting ready to cast the spell and Gabe wouldn't stop barking. Eventually Lux got pissed and snarled with as much power as she could muster.

I lowered my head and sat down in submission and Gabe cowered in the corner quiet as a mouse. Callie and Liza giggled at me and Lux turned around and smiled at me. I hesitantly stood up. "Shut up I can't help it!" That only made the witches laugh louder. Lux came over and hugged me.

"Sorry Max he was getting on my nerves." Lux said softly I shook my head. "It's fine you're just putting him in his place."

Once everyone calmed down we went back to doing the spell. Callie sat down and closed her eyes as Liza started chanting in Latin a few minutes passed of the same chant until Callie opened her eyes. They were normal. "Yeah this isn't working." Callie said clearly irritated.

"You don't have enough of an connection with him to complete the transfer." Liza said. All heads turned to me. "Whoa I'm not about to be a vessel for him. The first time didn't really make me wanna do it again."

Liza came over and grabbed my hand. "Please, baby you are the only one that can do this. Imagine if I got killed and no one came and found you. How would you feel?" I gripped her hand. "Fine I'll do it, but you guys owe me!" I pulled Liza over to me and kissed her hard making sure to leave her wanting more.

"Okay so just sit down and clear your mind I'll do the rest." Liza instructed me quietly as she calmed herself down. I did as she said and listened as she started chanting. Her melodic voice was the last thing I heard before everything went silent.
-------------------------------------------------------------
LIZA POV:

Max opened her eyes they were a dark brown. "Hello Jake we're sorry that we had to do this to you, but we have some questions." Lux said her voice dripped with authority.

"Of course Alpha I'm at your service." Jake said as he bowed his head. "You know the punishment for what Gabe tried to do, but before we carry it out we were wondering if you had a mate waiting for you somewhere." Callie asked him softly. His head hung low.

"Yes we do we met her a few years ago, but by then Gabe was obsessed with Max and he refused to acknowledge her existence. I tried to intervene, but he locked me away in his mind for weeks at a time making me very weak."

"Is she a part of this pack? What's her name?" Jake looked up excitedly. "Her name is Emily and yes she is a part of this pack or at least she was a few years ago. She's our age. She's got bright red hair and chocolate eyes. She's beautiful." He said dreamily.

I glanced over at lux and she had a tear streaming down her face. Callie was comforting her as best she could. Jake followed my gaze.

"What is it Lux?" I asked worriedly.
She shook her head. "I know who he's talking about. She came to my dad years ago and told him that her mate had rejected her. My dad basically told her to suck it up and get out of his face. My mom took pity on her and separated her from her wolf. Hoping that she could find love that way. Which is what Emily wanted. But it wasn't so she could find love. Emily killed herself that same day. Her wolf roams the territory protecting us from threats and waiting for Jake. She vowed to be loyal for life so my dad let her stay. My dad didn't even blink at the news of Emily's death he was just  happy that she left her wolf to protect us. But my mom was a mess when she explained everything to Emily's parents. They left the pack right after her funeral. We go to her grave every year to pay our respects..." Lux whispered emotionally.

Jake broke down at the news. "Please Alpha let me be with her! I pledge my loyalty please don't make her suffer on my insane humans behalf. Please show me some mercy!" He begged through his tears.