Silver

CALLIE POV:

I was startled awake by the sound of a growl. A tall man stood towering over me a twisted grin on his lips. A muffled scream drew my attention away from him. I looked and saw Lux bound and gagged across the room. I could see the silver cutting into her ankles and wrists as angry tears spilled down her cheeks.

I glared back up at the werewolf. "Why are you here?" I asked with venom in my tone. "Alpha James requires your presence witch." He spit back in a gruff voice. I looked over at lux and saw her still struggling against her restraints. "Lux, stop. You need your strength." She stilled a confused expression came across her face. I stood and nodded at the intruder. "Fine, I'll go with you just leave everyone else alone."

He grunted and pushed me forward. Lux was screaming and struggling to break free. I smiled at her and laid a hand on her shoulder as we passed. The man growled  and shoved me out of the room roughly. 

"Lux, please just stay calm I will be okay. Try waking the others. Just stay away! If I'm in danger I'll teleport back. I'll see you tonight, I love you." I spoke through our mind link. She immediately tried to argue with me, but I shut her out and keep walking.

Soon I was in the second pack house. All eyes were on me the second I stepped in the house. What I saw broke my heart everyone's eyes were sunken in and you could just tell that this was a miserable, broken pack, a pack that had given up all hope. I went to speak, but a boot struck my back throwing me across the room before I had the chance. I slid across the floor until I came to a stop at someone's feet.

I looked up and saw James dark eyes looking down at me an evil smirk on his face. He yanked me up by my hair I winced in pain as I stood. "James, it's lovely to see you again." I said my voice dripping with sarcasm. He jerked my head back and snarled in my ear.

"If I were you I wouldn't be joking right now witch." He shouted as he threw me into a chair. He snapped his fingers and three of his followers chained me down.

"Pack, meet your future Luna! Callie is a witch and we all know how vile they are! Who wants a witch to lead the pack?! He shouted out to the clearly terrified pack. The room fell silent. No one dared answer him, no one even dared to look up.

I sighed "tsk, tsk, tsk oh Jimmy are you a little nervous about tonight? Does the big bad alpha need a bargaining chip to beat his own daughter?" The room erupted in whispers and murmurs. James snarled loudly , the floor shook with his rage and the room fell silent once more.

His fist connected with my cheek. The force threw me to the floor. His men set me back up. I laughed bitterly and spat blood on his shoes. "That tickled." I said through a laugh. He growled and I watched as his claws formed on his hand. He swung and slashed my face leaving gashes across it.
I screamed in pain, but lifted my head and held his gaze.

I started chanting a spell and James and his group froze before he could hit me again.
"Please, listen all of you! I know you don't know me and I know you've got no reason to trust me, but I promise you Lux is coming to save you! She has laid down the challenge for James! After tonight your nightmare will end."

The last part of my speech came out pained and quiet. A young woman only a few years older than myself broke out of the pack and approached me. She kneeled down inspecting my face.

"How do we know you speak the truth witch?" I shook my head. "Yes, I am a witch, but I am a good one I swear to you." I said weakly. She nodded and moved my hair out of my face. "How is Luna Grace?" She asked curiously. "She is well. She regrets leaving all of you, but she needed to prepare Lux for what was coming."