Leadership

MAX POV:

Once we were in the infirmary I grabbed Lux out of Callie's arms and laid her on an exam table. "LG we're gonna need blood!" I shouted behind me. I quickly started looking at Lux's injuries, the biggest was obviously the gashes from James claws, but she also had countless punctures from where his teeth sank in.

A hand found its way to my shoulder I looked to my left and saw Liza. She squeezed my shoulder and gave me a smile. She chanted quickly and all of the blood that still ran from Lux's wounds stopped.

"That's all I can do babe the rest is up to you." I pecked her cheek and ran to the medicine cabinet and grabbed some alcohol and a clean rag. As I unscrewed the cap of the alcohol I heard Lux's weak voice below me. "W-what is that M-max?" I doused the rag and sat next to Lux. "It's alcohol to clean your wounds."

Her eyes widened and she started freaking out. "Get the fuck away from me! Don't touch me!" She screamed. "Hey it's not gonna hurt that much Lux I promise! It's just a little sting." She let out a terrifying snarl and jumped off of the exam table.

"Don't you fucking touch me! She spat out ferociously as she backed into the corner of the room. I slowly set the rag down and raised my hands. "Okay okay, I'm not gonna touch you," I whispered softly. I glanced over to Callie who was slowly inching her way towards her terrified mate.

Lux was rocking back and forth and muttering softly to herself as Callie slowly squatted down in front of her. Lux flinched as Callie laid a hand on her arm. She spoke softly as she gently rubbed Lux's arm. After a few tense minutes, Callie slowly guided Lux back over to me. Once Lux was back in bed Callie picked up the rag and the bottle of alcohol and walked over to the window.

She quickly opened it and chucked the items outside. She turned to me as the glass bottle shattered on the ground outside. "Use antibacterial soap and warm water." Her voice was soft but it held a sense of authority. I nodded and quickly got to work cleaning Lux's many wounds.

A few hours later Lux's wounds were cleaned and wrapped and she and Callie laid tangled together on the bed both of them sleeping soundly. LG had gone over to the second pack house to be with the pack and Liza had fallen asleep in a chair nearly an hour ago.

I scooped her into my arms she startled, but I shushed her back to sleep and carried her upstairs to our shared bedroom. I laid her down gently and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I stared at the faded war mask I wore and smiled as I realized I was now the beta and we were finally safe. I quickly did what I had to do and changed into a baggy shirt with nothing underneath.

I slowly climbed into bed under the comforter and I felt the heat radiating off of Liza. I leaned over and left a soft kiss on her forehead as I laid back down she let out a soft whine and pulled my arm over her while she turned to her side laying her head on my chest. I gently rubbed her back as we both drifted off into a deep sleep.
------------------------------------------------------
LUX POV:

I could hear the birds chirping outside before I even opened my eyes. My chest felt lighter, it felt easier to breathe. For the first time in a long time, we had no enemies. There was no evil lurking around the corner and I was at the head of my pack. I slowly lifted my eyelids and turned to my left where my beautiful mate was sleeping soundly muttering softly.

I chuckled and tucked some stray hairs behind her ear. She leaned into my touch as her eyes fluttered open. A sleepy smile fell on her lips. She stretched as she laid a sweet kiss on my lips. "Good morning my love." She whispered as she broke the kiss. I quickly slipped my hand onto the nape of her neck and pulled her back to me for a much more passionate kiss. I forced my tongue passed her pillowy soft lips. We were both panting as we broke away. "Good morning my beautiful Luna," I said sultrily and softly.