The Invitation

You were organizing your locker, adding in shelves to divide your books from your notebooks and other things like food, library books and such, until your heard your name.

It was Mark, he was walking over to you and you opened your mouth to greet him; but instead he passed you and started to talk to the guy who was a few lockers down from you; than you realized that it was actually Chase who called you.

"So, after asking around, I found someone who can pick you up on the way to 8-bit Arcade Bar, but they may be picking up a few other people. I' don't know if you still want to go or..." He let his voice trailed off as you contemplated if you wanted to go.

You and Chase, as well as a few other people are going to hang out at and play 8-bit games this weekend to get the party mode out of your system.

"Who is it?" You asked, wondering if it's someone you know. You heard Mark and his friend laughing and subconsciously you looked back at them. Mark's smile was actually quite pleasant.

Your attention quickly switched back to Chase as he began to reply, "Alec."

Alec was a guy Chase hung out every now and then, and when they do it seems like they've been friends for years; but Chase is just the type person to be fun and easy to talk to. And Alec was okay, though you can't say much about him because you've only talked to him a few times but that was only because of Chase. Without him, you wouldn't even think about talking to Alec.

You closed the locker after checking the time on your phone. You had 2 minutes to get to class. 

"Oh and here, I forgot to give this to you last year." Chase handed you your red game boy color; you thanked him then parted your ways.