The Secret

Monday finally came and you were at your locker exchanging your books for today's classes. From a distance you could make out Mark's voice among the chatter.

"____!" You looked up towards the sound. You knew it wasn't Mark because it was a female's voice and by the lighthearted tone you know it was Ana; the first thing that struck your was her plan.

What the hell was she going to do?

You zipped your bag, but before you could swing it over your arm, Ana touched your shoulder, causing you to subconsciously stand up and meet her brown eyes.

She quickly glanced behind you with a sheepish grin as she place her arm around your shoulder, holding her phone in the same hand while the other on your waist as she planted her soft pink lips onto yours.

You quickly gave in, mostly because she was your best friend and you would basically do anything wit her no matter how gay it was.

Besides sex. Because no. That's unsanitary. ( though you don't judge people who do)

"You're such good kisser!" Ana shrieked as she took a brief look at your shoulder; though it wasn't exactly at your shoulder.

Before you could think anything of it she kissed you again, but more passionately this time. Her tongue, the adventurous devil, gained access to your mouth. You gently placed your hands on her hips.

She parted and whispered, "I'm recorded Marks reaction.." She bit her bottom lip and she gently swayed away from you.

You didn't know how to feel. On one hand you could see how Mark reacted, not that it actually matters... On another, you just kissed Ana for the first time. She was the first girl you kissed!

Would that be an accompaniment?

The bell rung, and grabbed your bag as you contemplated your life on your way to chemistry.

Ana sat down in Mark's seat, since the teacher wasn't present at the moment, and watched the video she took on her phone.

At first there was a lot movement then finally you could see Mark. He kept glancing over at you guys, his smile fading. Though he kept regaining it when he engaged back into the conversation he was having with his group of friends. It was almost like he was hypnotized by what was seeing and he was refusing to let himself fall into an unconscious state of mind.

"Okay, but this doesn't tell us anything." You blurted out after it ended.

"Actually it does. If you take this and add it with the time he couldn't stop looking at you, it shows he's interested. The look on his face is either that he's thinking you're a lesbian and we're possibly dating. Eliminating you of a possible mate. It could also be that he thinks you're teasing him, which you kind of are-"

You interrupted her, "How?" "You're basically ignoring his signs! I mean it takes an outside person to tell you what's going on!"

"I'm a realist, okay! I don't fall hopelessly in love with a stranger. I have to at least know them before I start dating them." You added. No telling if a person is a murderer, or abusive or what!

"Anyways!" She continued, "There could also be the possibility that he likes a little girl on girl action, especially with you, which could be an additional reason on why he couldn't ignore it." she paused as she re-watched the video.

"Have a seat, please!" The teacher announced as he walked in.

"Either way it all revolves around you, and him liking you." Ana added as she went to her seat behind you.

Throughout the lesson you found yourself glancing at the door that was close; waiting for Mark to come through it, but he never came.

There was 30 minutes left of class and you decide to take a break from chemistry.

You raised your hand.

"Yes, ____"

"May I go to the bathroom?"

He held up the pass, and quickly you dashed out of the classroom. As you made your way to the bathroom you kept an eye out for Mark.

Maybe he's not- "Mark!" you heard small laughter of a female, than a soft deep tone that was familiar, though you couldn't make out the words.

As you came to the end of the hallway, you looked to your left to see Mark and a girl. The same one from last time.

Mark was standing in front of the girl who was leaning against the wall.

Mark took a double take as you reached the opening, and fell silent. His smile disappeared as his pressed his lips together.

You looked away.

".....her?" The last word was the only word you could make out what she said.

You turned the opposite way, heading towards the bathroom.

There was this burning sensation in your chest. What is this? You felt like raging and crying.. Why do you feel this way? What's going on?

Everything Ana said is wrong... He doesn't like you.... It's a lie....

....It was always a lie.... He never liked you...

You stayed in the stall for a while trying to get your shit together.

Mark doesn't matter to you. He's just an acquaintance. He could talk to anyone he wants, he's his own person; and if he wants to kiss them than he can! He's not a puppet! He's not a dog on a-

You heard someone go into the stall next to you.

You watched their feet as their pants fell to their ankles. Maybe it's time to go..

As soon as you thought about leaving the person slipped a note under the stall to you:

"77 68 61 74 20 79 6f 75 20 73 65 65 20 69 73 20 61 20 6c 69 65 0d 0a 68 65 20 6c 6f 76 65 73 20 61 6e 6f 74 68 65 72 0d 0a 79 6f 75 20 6e 6f 74 20 6d 65 "

What is this?

Was it a death threat?

You were too timid to say anything. Shoving the note in your pocket, flushed the toilet and quickly washed your hands and dashed out of the bathroom.

You quickly made it back to class to see Mark copying from your notes.

He looked at you, causing your chest to feel lighter and.. To run into the corner of the table.

Good job, way to make a fool of yourself!

"Ouch!" you mumbled under your breathe, but you nervously laughed off the pain to yourself.

Mark looked concerned as he watched you sit down. "Are you okay?" He whispered.

You just nodded as you looked over at your notebook.

"Oh, sorry.." He murmured, awkwardly sliding it to you, but you denied it. You told him you could get the rest of the notes from Ana later.