The Photos

In Photography, after learning how to work the camera, you got to out and took pictures. Since it was the first assignment, there wasn't a real theme; although you couldn't take just random pictures either.

Mark also grabbed a camera, and since it was an individual project, you didn't want to distract yourself or Mark by hanging out with him.

You don't know if he cares about his grade, but you care about yours.

During the time you were out looking for moments screaming to be captured, second lunch was going on.

While you were looking around you noticed Mark was talking to a girl; and she was quite attractive...

Mark, with his camera strap around his neck and the camera in hand, place his other on her waist and leaned in for lip contact.

Seeing this your heart hardened at the sight of this, but you quickly shrugged it off. It's not like you had a crush on him or anything...

If anything he would just be, a friend... who you find common interest with you share with no one else... And he's the type of person you would like to have as a partner... that's if you wanted to.

But you don't.

Because, you don't need one.

You ignored what you saw, it was probably his girlfriend, or possible future girlfriend... either it didn't matter, it's not going to affect you.... As far as you could tell..

After taking a few photos, you checked the time. You had been out here almost an hour.

"Capturing the perfect moment takes time. You can't expect to see the flowers bloom right after it's been planted." Mrs. Khan's quote sweetly rang in your head.

You looked back the photos you took.

One was of when you had placed the camera inside a tree hole looking out, on top of a pile of acorns. You had used the self-timer for taking just so you didn't appear in the photo.

Next it was through the diamond shaped hole of a fence, with a bird on the other side. The time you took it, it looked as if they were a soon to be family.

There was also a picture of when a dog had jumped on you, thinking the camera was possible food. It was actually cute, it looks like the dog wanted you to take it's photo.

The others you deleted because it either didn't look good, or it was too blurry, or even the positioning was off.

You sighed as you looked up at the sky, taking in how peaceful it looked. You began to wonder how the rest of the school year would turn out for you.

You went back to class and uploaded the photos onto the computer and began to play around with Adobe Photoshop, adding effects and such.