Chapter 11- His Excellency

^^His Highness aka Alastair's father^^

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will tear me apart."

Chapter 11
River's POV

It's been almost a week now and I'm barely getting by without Alastair. I've must have gone through half his closet by now from all of the times I've slept and wore his shirts just to remember his scent. I miss him with more words than I can vocalize.

Keith said that he may return in a few days span if his heat doesn't strike again.

I'm running out of things to add to my list to do, as I'm not leaving our room as often as before. I'm afraid if I leave for too long, I'll forget what his scent smells like and the crisp air outside the room will wipe whatever I have left of his scent from me.

Isaiah comes and visits me often as well as Michael, but as much as I appreciate their kindness to help, they weren't helping. They speak of all the things they've done and how much fun it would be if I had joined, but I didn't want to. Was that a strange concept to understand?

At the moment, Michael and Keith were sitting by me, on the cushioned chairs placed next to the bed. I wasn't sure what they were speaking of, as I had begun to tune them out long ago.

I felt a poke on my shoulder and I turned.

"I got a letter from Alastair this morning saying he plans to return in two days time," Keith smiled.

"Are you sure?" We've had many false alarms.

"Yes, he said he can't stand being so far from you for so long. He said he'd rather chain himself in the cellar if needed." He laughed.

Chain himself?

I shuddered at the idea.

If his heat would get so bad to the point of chaining himself, I'd rather mate with him then allow him to do so.

What would be the point in putting him in unnecessary pain?

As much as Alastair wanted our first time to be special, something I loved him tremendously for, as long as it was him I don't mind how it's done. I'd do anything if it meant making him happy and misery free.

Michael must have caught onto my horrified aura as he sent Keith 'the look', "what Keith is trying to say is that your mate is returning, so turn that frown upside down." He smiled.

I pulled a small smile.

"Aww, look how cute you are when you smile." Michael cooed as he pulled me into his lap, rocking me back and forth.

Why do I feel like a baby?

"Don't pout, cutie." Michael laughed.

"I'm not pouting." I am.

A knock resounded at the door. We all pivoted our heads, staring until Keith decided to be unlazy of the bunch and actually answer it. He opened the door, revealing a girl dressed in a maid's wear.

"His Excellency calls for your presence in his chambers for a meal." She spoke in a monotonous voice.

His Excellency? Is she speaking of the king? Alastair's father?

"All of us?" Keith asked quizzically.

Was it strange to be summoned by him?

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Very well." He dismissed her before turned towards us with a confused look in his eyes.

"My father does not usually summon us. At least not when not all of us are present.." He trailed off.