Chapter 54- Finalizing Love

^The stairs leading up to the ballroom along with the song that I wrote this chapter to~ the song is Maybe by Yiruma^

"For all the things my hands have held the best by far is you."

(Almost 5000 words. You're welcome xD)

Chapter 54
River's POV

The stone room filled with the sweet scents of vanilla and lavender as I laid amidst a tub filled to the brim with heated water. Maids sat beside the bath, leaving no part of me untouched and soaked with expensive perfumes. My face had become permanently stained a bright pink as no part of my body remained unseen by the smiling maids around me.

Everyone seemed to glow in happiness, whispering back and forth among one another while sending me not so subtle looks with brightened smiles.

I stood slowly from the tub, water flowing over the edges of the bath and pouring against the hard, tiled floor with my sudden movement. The cold had barely hit my skin when I was immediately wrapped in a plush towel and led out of the bathing room back into Alastair and I's shared room.

A set of two maids stood by the bed, one holding a white bundle in her crossed arms while the other held a sparkling headpiece. They immediately turned from beside the bed upon my entrance. The maid holding the white bundle hurried ahead of the other.

"Your Grace," she curtsied. She lifted the bundle from her arms, carefully untangling it as she handed it to me. I was surprised as it hit the floor with a soft thump. It appeared like a dress of a sort. Lined patterns ran down the scope of the dress along with embroidery along the neckline, encircling my neck in a delicate sphere.

I reached for a silk undergarment, placing it on before dropped the soft towel around me to carefully pull the garment over my head

I reached for a silk undergarment, placing it on before dropped the soft towel around me to carefully pull the garment over my head. I shivered slightly in the sleeveless, thin material as it wrapped tightly around my slim figure.

The maids continued to give me a once over, making sure the garment fit perfectly before handing me a fur-lined cape to place over my shoulders, its soft form following the same embroidered design as the dress itself.

My fingers ran down the embroidered lines and diamonds with awed eyes. The maids had put so much thought into my mating garment and to that, I couldn't help but feel a rush of appreciation for all their handiwork.

"Thank you," I breathed as I peered up at the pair of maids. They nodded with a smile as the other handed me my headpiece.

I peered a bit quizzically at it as I raised it to my head, tightening it around the back so it wouldn't fall down my forehead.

I gasped as I saw my own reflection in the mirror. It looked just like the engagement necklace I had worn during our first mating ceremony, except this one had a swirl of silver wrapping around the silver vines in a way my engagement necklace hadn't.