Chapter 17- Father Dearest

Warning: There's going to be some sexy time in this chapter ;)

^^This pic kinda reminded me of Rivastair^^

Chapter 17

Alastair's POV

Who was this man who dared to frighten my love?

"I don't want to hear my name coming from your vile mouth," River's hand tighten and shook in my hold as his jaw seemed to tighten as his gaze landed on the wide-eyed man before us.

My eyes widened along with his.

I never thought I'd see the day when my timid, docile mate would speak such venomous words from his sweet, pink lips.

The man's eyes heated up in anger as he began to visibly shake, "Is that any way to speak to your father?"

My vision turned red as soon as the word 'father' was uttered from his vile mouth.

This was my love's so called 'father'?

I pulled my hold from my love's as I cracked my knuckles in anticipation.

Oh, how long I've waited for this moment.

Where to start? Pulling his heart from its socket seemed oddly inviting, but that would end it all too quickly...I want this to be slow, slow and painful.

A sneer began to form on my face as the man began to visibly shake beneath my bloodthirsty gaze.

Don't you worry, father dearest. I will treat you real well.

"N-no!" River shrieked.

I looked down to find my hand wrapped around father dearest's neck, his face beginning to turn a strange shade of purple.

Confusion plagued my mind, a loss for when my hand had gotten there.

I couldn't let it end so quickly. That hardly seemed fair.

Rather, he was going to suffer a slow, pain-filled death. I wanted to watch him scream for death. I want to watch him cry as I deny him his ultimate relief.

I slowly loosen my grip on his neck as I smiled maliciously down at him, "My apologies, father dearest."

His eyes widened as he absorbed my words, a tear of sweat traveling from his forehead down to his shoulders in a shaking travel down his red, sweaty skin.

"T-that's o-okay." He stammered as he wobbled up from beneath me.

I stood at my full height as I looked down at his slouching form with a narrowed eyes.

"Guards," my men looked up from their positions against the walls, "take him down to the dungeon."

Father dearest's eyes bulged out as men in metallic wear surrounded him and pulled him roughly from the golden room.

"Wait, wait!" He screamed in frightened confusion as they dragged him out the large, wooden doors in tightened holds against his brown, leather wear, pulling and gripping him as one would a bag of cheap rice.

The room was silent as men and women stood, gaping at the event that just take place.

I strode back to my throne, taking the seat beside River. I looked him over once taking in his tense form as he stared aimlessly at the door his father had just been maliciously dragged from. The music began again and men and women filed into the dance floor, dancing and swaying as if nothing had interrupted the previously relaxed atmosphere.

The last three representatives came and went along with their pleasantries and gifts. The whole time I watched River as he smiled at the people before him but it was obvious that his mind was in a different place. He'd laugh at a joke and then peer back the door, almost as if he were expecting his father to prance through the door at any given moment.