Chapter 23- Water fun

^^I saw this pic and I just had to change it to this. It's so freakin' adorable!^^

Warning: Sexy time coming up (;

"When the water starts boiling, it is foolish to turn off the heat."
            -Nelson Mandela

Chapter 23

River's POV

So warm.

I turned amongst the feeling of warmth, engulfing me in a calming embrace.

I slowly opened my eyes.

The scent of exotic fruit.

I looked down to a pair of muscular arms wrapped around my waist in a protective cage.

Confusion riddled my mind as I slowly turned until I was nose to nose with a familiar, raven haired man.

"Alastair?" I whispered in a hushed tone.

Nothing. The only sound that escaped his slackened face were short breaths as his eyelashes twitched momentarily before stilling once again.

Confusion was all that filled my mind.

What? How? 

The door squeaked open as I quickly pivoted my head away from Alastair's. Michael stood by the entrance, silver tray in hand as he walked in with a cheerful smile.

"Good morning!" He chirped.

I raised a brow, "Did I miss a mating ceremony as I slept?"

"No!" He laughed, "Keith bought me a new toy."

"Uh huh."

Why do I feel like there's some perverted underlying implication that I'm missing?

He placed the tray on the footing of the bed as I turning my chin in Alastair's direction.

"Why is he in here?"

Michael sighed, "he spent the whole night trying to find you, you know. He wouldn't let anyone sleep until he found you. Like some lovesick puppy," he scoffed," Keith eventually grew so irritated that I was afraid he would bash his head against the nearest wall," my eyes widened at that, "but eventually, a maid found the room and told him. You should have seen his expression when he saw you wrapped around your pillow like a koala bear," he laughed, "he ripped the damn thing from your body and replaced it with himself."

I giggled at that. Jealous of a mere pillow.

"But Feyona-"

"Alastair threw her out of his room," he interrupted as a gasp escaped me, "yeah not exactly the most gentlemanly of actions. There she stood, the poor shivering girl, wrapped in nothing but a thin sheet as Alastair ripped the castle apart trying to find you."

"Where is she now?"

"With Hyde. To think the douche was her knight in shining armor when Alastair couldn't give two shits about her," Michael already began to munch on the cookies from the tray as he spoke with great enthusiasm.

Sounds like he found the whole situation quite amusing.

"I'm happy you came, River," I smiled, "Seriously, the castle was quite bland before you came. The most action we got was Alastair's conquests chasing him-" He stopped mid-sentence and cleared his throat, "not that, that matters anymore."

I felt my heart clench. It shouldn't bother me anymore but it did. Last night was proof of Michael's words, Alastair's conquests' chase was still occurring. It never ended. He just now had a mate at his side to witness it alongside him.