The Song and Mai

“Oh. .uh what’s my penalty?” I said nervously.

“Tomorrow you have to request us in the host club.” The one on the right said.

“And also play piano and sing.” The one on the left said.

'What? How did they know I sing?'

“Wait a minute. How did you know I sing?” They smiled and got close to me,“we have our resources.”

I swallowed hard,‘Were they following me or something?!’

“Oh.. okay.” I said.

'What am I thinking?! I meant to yell and say ‘No, No way.’ Then ‘okay’ comes out? Ugh, these boys make me tongue tied.'

“Okay we will see you tomorrow.” They show me an impish smile while walking away. I sigh,'I don’t even have a song to sing and why are they asking me? Its strange.. for some reason I can’t really say no or stay mad that them.’  I smiled while furrowing my brow at them as they walk away.

Hikaru’s POV

“Kaoru?”

“Yeah?”

“I think we found a new toy.” I said with my impish smile as he mimicked the same smile.

Even if she is our new toy. . .their something about her.’

Kaoru’s POV

For some reason I really don’t think of that girl as a new toy.  But while we were walking I noticed Hikaru had a relaxed and happy expression.’ I looked at Hikaru at the corner of my eye and he had his usual blank expression again.

Rin’s POV

It’s good that I didn’t make it as late as I thought.’ I thought happily while walking out of the piano class. ‘But I still have to sing for those people. . .what are they called? Oh right, a Host Club.’
I walked out to the front of the school where my ride was waiting and my driver politely opened the back door. “How was your first day at Ouran Academy Miss.Rin?” He asked

“It was good. I love my singing and piano class and I even made some friends.” I smile contently thinking of Haruhi.

“That’s good Miss.Rin.” After that we arrived at my estate.

As I entered Levy came up to me “Miss.Rin~!”

“Yes Levy?” I said looking at her happy face.

“I’m glad you came home safely. Someone is here to see you.” She said bowing her head for a few seconds. Levy led me to my childhood friend Naoi.

“Naoi!” I yell happily.

“Rin! Ha-ha.” He smiled. I dropped my bag and ran over to hug him. He smiled and hugged me back.

“What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you for such a long time!” I say while pulling away from our hug.

“I came because I wrote 2 new songs and I wanted you to sing with me for one of them.” He smiled big with a tint of blush on his cheek.

“Of course I’ll sing it with you! What is called?” He opened his navy book bag and handed me a copy of the song, “It’s called Magic Mirror.”

I looked at lyrics and instantly fell in love. The song was about an unhappy girl who found a magic mirror in the attic of her house and inside that mirror was a boy refection of herself. He said he was a magician and he could grant wishes. He was her first ever friend and he granted every wish she wanted. The girl’s daily life began to change because of him and she couldn't be happier. She wanted to stay this way with the boy forever but one day the magic ran out. Everything that the girl had would turn back to normal and the boy would have to leave her. Before the boy left he told the girl that he will never forget her and what she had done for him. In that moment of time he broke the mirror and the girl was once again alone. The girl hopes one day that the boy might return to her side therefore; she decided to take very good care of the mirror no matter what.

“Wow. . .” I say on the verge of tears. I wipe away the baby tears from my eyes and tell Naoi that the song was very emotional but wonderful. He smiles at me and pats my head.

“Ready to sing?”

“Yes.” I say with happiness in my eyes.

. . .

After we finished singing the song together, Naoi gave me the copy that was my own solo. He leaves and I quickly go to my room and read the lyrics to the song. He had no title for the song yet so I took matters into my own hands and titled it, ‘Hello! How are you?’

Maybe I can sing this song in the host club tommorow! I said smiling softly.

I get into my pajamas and look at the picture on my nightstand and pick it up. “To be honest I’m kind of excited and nervous to sing in front of people. . .Mai.” The picture I had picked up was a picture of my twin sister before she died. “Mai. I met this nice guy at school, his name is Haruhi. But to be honest he looks more like a girl.” I giggle.

I stared at the picture of my sister who was a reflecting image of me, just with shorter hair. I didn’t realize that I was crying until a droplet of tears appeared on the picture glass. I cleaned the glass with a cloth that was given to me by my sister. I put the picture back on my nightstand and wiped my tears.

"Mai. . . I love you.” I said looking at the picture having the tiniest hope that it will say ‘I love you’ back.

I turned off my light and closed my eyes. I turned on my side and whispered,” Goodnight Mai.”