The Masquerade

It was finally the end of summer vacation and everyone was back to Ouran. The season was changing and it was already October.

. . .

Rin’s P.O.V

As I was walking happily to my next class I saw Hikaru and Kaoru. “Hikaru!! Kaoru!!” I yelled and giggled. They looked back to and greeted, “good morni-” but before they could finish I ran past them and was in the front of them. I had my whole body facing them and I was walking backwards.

“You’re in a good mood.” Kaoru tells me. And I smile brightly, “I love the Fall!” They looked at me a bit confused so I explained, “my favorite season is Fall and it’s here already!” I was always so happy when Fall came around. It was Mai and I’s favorite season, so was winter but we liked Fall the best.

“You know Halloween is coming up.” Hikaru says looking at Kaoru with one of his mischief smiles.

“Yeah Halloween is coming up. . .isn’t it.” Kaoru said mirroring that same smile. I’ve have always been able to stand horror movies but when it came to going places that scare you. . . I will freeze and then run for my life.

“Yeah it is huh.” I said with my nervousness showing in my voice.

“Do you want to come with us to a Halloween theme park?” Kaoru said politely.

“No. . . I’m good. That day I have to do some stuff.” I couldn’t hide the fact that I was a little scared and they automatically started to pick on me. “Hikaru did you hear that.” Kaoru whispered in his ear but loud enough for me to hear.

“I did Kaoru. Looks like we have a scaredy cat on our hands.” Hikaru said. They both had an evil glint in their eyes and I looked at them with a pouting face, “I am not a scaredy cat!”

They both smirked at me, “If you’re not a scaredy cat then come with us on Halloween to the theme park.” They had an evil glint in their eyes and I felt a bit scared but mostly nervous. I put my finger up and bent towards them, “ I-I’ll think about it!”

They laughed at me and the bell had rung and we scurried off to class.

. . .

I was in my singing class sitting and waiting for the teacher to give us her assignment. “All right class we are going to have a partner project,” She said with a smile on her face, “you and your partner will create a song and will sing it in front of the school. The latest you can perform is this Friday!”

I felt a pencil poke me from behind and I turned around, “what?”

“Let’s team up.” Naoi already had his big excited smile on so I couldn’t really say no. “Okay!” I giggled. The class ended and I said my goodbyes to Naoi. 

. . .

 The Host Club was the same the guys flirt with the girls, the girls start to blush, and then I sing a song. But there was one thing Tamaki kept tell his clients that caught my attention.

“Oh yes my princess I forgot to tell you. We, the Ouran Host Club, will be hosting a masquerade and you are all invited.” After he finished all the girls began to squeal and when I was walking around everybody in the Host Club was telling their clients the same thing.

 After the club was done we had club discussion. Half of the discussion was pretty much just Tamaki trying to trying talk to Haruhi which he failed miserably in. He is now sitting in his emo corner and I have just been watching the whole thing until Kyouya  finally spoke.

“We will be having a masquerade for the Host Club’s guest this Friday. So we need to get started on planning.” He said while still typing away on his computer. “This Friday. . .”I said quietly to myself and thought about what my singing teacher had told us. ‘The latest you can perform is this Friday!’