Never Leave

Rin’s P.O.V

Today was the day. The day my sister died. The day I was left alone with a horrible mother and a father who didn’t care. When I had gotten up I immediately picked up Mai’s picture. I looked at the smiling face that will never be able to smile again.

“Mai please be happy up in heaven.” I said quietly then put the picture back down. At that time my mother came in with her black dress. She looked at me in disgust and said,“ Today’s the day you need to ask for Mai’s forgiveness.”

I flinched at her hateful words as my bangs went into my eyes.

“But. . .like she will ever forgive you. Hurry up and get ready so we can go.” She then left me alone with that last sentence.

I bit my the inside of my lip hard to prevent tears from coming and said in a low, wavering voice,“ You’re lying.” I got up, took a shower, and put one of the dresses Mai loved to see me in. It was a blue dress with a small belt wrapped around the waist and small flowers on the top right.

I opened the door and saw Levy was about to knock.

“Rin the limo is outside ready for you and your mother to go see Mai.” She said while bowing slightly.

I smiled a sad smile and replied in a low voice,“ Okay thank you.”

Hikaru’s P.O.V

“So Rin is sick with fever?” I asked Kyouya as he told us about why she hasn’t come to school.

“Yes it seems so.” He said nonchalantly.

“Do you think Rinny-chan would be mad if we go over to see how she’s doing?” Hani-senpai asked no one in particular.

“Yeah, lets go! We never seen Rin’s whole house before!” Kaoru and I said in sync. The boss looked at us and said in a terrified tone, “W-what do you mean ‘her whole house’? Have you two double gaggers already. . .,” he stopped then a flash of lighting went off, “GONE TO HER HOUSE?! BEFORE DADDY?!”

We looked at each other and smiled evilly.

“Not just once boss.” I stopped so Kaoru can finish.

“But, twice.”

The boss went into his corner and started to sulk. His aura darker than it usually is and he would mutter from time to time ‘my daughter is in a rebelling faze.’

“So are we going to Rinny-chan’s house? I want to bring cake!”

“Yes! We shall go see Rin! I can’t just stand around knowing that my daughter has a fever! And I can’t believe that those shady twins have gone already. DADDY JUST WON’T STAND FOR THIS!!” Boss yelled that last part and point towards Kaoru and I. Everyone agreed and deiced during lunch time we would all see how Rin is doing.

Rin’s P.O.V

My mother and I had just gotten to Mai’s grave. We sat down some flowers and I crouched down staring at Mai’s name engraved on the stone. My mother stayed silent also looking at the tombstone only letting the howl of the wind speak.

“It’s been 4 years.  . .” She said. Whenever we come to Mai’s grave she become less cold then she usually is. I long for the day when the coldness goes away and she returns to the person before.             Before Mai died. . .before the money went to her head.

“Yeah. . .”Was the only thing I said. I felt a hand on my shoulder which surprised me. I looked up to her, her expression was blank but there was still a hind of sympathy.

“When we get home I need to talk to you.” Was all she said. She said her goodbyes to Mai and left me there. I was a bit shocked and nervous.

‘W-what does she want to talk about? Mai. . .please help me through this!’