Am In Love?!

Rin’s P.O.V

I opened my eyes to my curtains still closed with the morning light seeping through. I looked around for a minute still feeling tired but eventually I got up. I already told Levy that I wasn’t going to school today because of what happened yesterday.

I knew I was basically just running from the problem but I need a break for just one day.

And in any way they don’t need you anyways.’ My subconscious add which made me bite my lip so the tears wouldn’t show. I shook my head to forget the thought and went downstairs.

“Good morning Rin~!” Levy greeted me happily as always which brought a small smile to my face.

“Hi Levy.” I said a little bashful because the memory of me crying on her rushed back to my head.

“What’s wrong? Are you feeling okay?” She put both of her hands on my shoulders and looked at me in concern. I looked at her and smiled.

“I’m alright. Don’t worry but. . .can I talk to you?” I asked. I wanted to asks her about Hikaru. About why my heart was beating so fast when I saw him and why my face was turning red when he looked at me. Even now some of my sadness and anger towards him disappeared. But, what he said made me cry so I am still very angry.

“Yes! Of course. Let’s go to the breakfast table and you can ask me.” She lead me to the table and gave me my breakfast. I ate it up quickly so I can my question.

“Um. . .how should I put this. . .there’s this person,” I stuttered with my words while adverting my eyes downwards, “and every time I see him my heart starts to beat fast. I also blush when he looks at me or smiles.” I slowly look back up to Levy. Her blue eyes are wide in surprise and there is a hint of blush on her cheeks.

“Rin do you think of this person like a friend or. . .something more?” She asked.

“Something. . .more? What do you mean?” I cocked my head to the side a bit and gave a confused look.

“Do you like this person?” She folded her hands and sat her head on them.

“Well yeah of course I like him. He’s my friend. . .was at least.” I said that last part quietly and we still continued with the conversation.

“No, not as a friend as a man,” she smiled motherly, “Rin I think you’re in love.”

I blushed tomato red and thought for a second.

A-am I in love with. . .Hikaru?!’

Levy giggled at my reaction and continued, “When you’re in love with someone Rin you tend to get nervous around them and every time they look at your heart skips a beat.” I didn’t say anything and just slowly put my burning red face down.

‘I-I’m in love with Hikaru Hitachiin.’

Hikaru’s P.O.V

“Rin Fuyu?” The teacher was calling roll of the students and a certain girl didn’t answer.

“Megurine-sensei she’s not here today!” Said a girl that comes to the Host Club regularly. I frowned and looked at the window. By now I had already realized my feelings for Rin and felt like a complete idiot for not realizing it sooner.

I felt a bit more anxious seeing Rin today but she didn’t come.

‘Maybe she’s sick.’

. . .

Throughout the whole day I couldn’t really pay attention in class and it was already time for the Host Club.

“Hikaru?” I snapped out of my thought when one of our customers called me.

“Oh I’m sorry. What were you saying?” I said.

“Are you okay?”  The same girl asked. I smiled seductively and cupped her cheek.

“I’m perfectly fine with you here.” She blushed and I let go. She began to squeal with the girl next to her and Kaoru continued with our ‘Brotherly Love’ part.

“Hikaru,” tears where at the corner of his eyes, “d-does this mean you don’t want me h-here.” I looked at him with shock face. I cupped both his cheeks and said softly, “Kaoru. . .if you weren’t here I don’t know what I do.”

We continued with what we usually do for the day but Rin didn’t play one of her songs. I decided when we get to the estate I will call her home just to see if she’s okay. Kaoru and I got into our limo and he smiled at me.

“You were pretty out of it today.” He said while having a teasing smile, “Were you thinking of Rin?”

I blushed a bit and said loudly, “Don’t act like you didn’t want her here.” He laughed at me and the rest the drive was silent.

. . .

“Hello? This is the maid of the Fuyu house hold. How may I help you?”The maid answered when I called.

“Hello. This is Hikaru Hitachiin Rin’s friend from school. Can I speak with her?” I asked as I played with the fingers on my left hand while cheeks were gradually turned red as I thought of her.

“Yes please hold.”

Rin’s P.O.V

“Rin!” Levy called me as I was watching T.V, “Hikaru Hitachiin is on the phone for you.”

My eyes widen, ‘What? Why is he calling my home? He doesn’t care about me so why is he calling? If this is one of his jokes it’s not funny at all!’ I walked up to Levy was about to hand me the phone but I whispered in her ear, “He’s the one who called me a toy.”

She looked at me surprised and then her expression quickly turned into anger.

“I’m sorry Hitachiin-sama but Rin is asleep. Please call another time. Good day and goodbye.” Levy quickly hung up the phone before she could let him say anything. I was so shocked by Levy’s actions that I was covering my mouth from laughing.

The tic mark on her face was small but visable, “I hate those type of people. The people who think they can just use Rin for their own pleasure.”

‘But I’m in love with that person. . .’

“Levy he’s not the big reason I cried.” I lied but she clearly saw through it but let it go.

I frowned and cover my eyes with my bangs, “And. . .that’s the same guy I fell in love with.” I already knew she would be disappointed in me and I didn’t want to see that face on her. But instead she moved my bangs and smiled softly at me.

“It’s okay. I’m not mad or disappointed so don’t cover your eyes. We can’t choose who we fall in love with, right?” She held my hands and I smiled bashfully.

“Just be careful.” She held up one finger and I laughed. It was late so Levy bid me a good night and I went into my room. I sat on my bed and grabbed my picture of Mai.

“Tomorrow is your anniversary. . .”