The Halloween Theme Park

Rin’s P.O.V

I can’t believe it’s already time to go to the theme park with them.’ I mentally said as I nervously played with my fingers. It was still the afternoon and I had time to do whatever I wanted but, my nervousness was getting the best of me. After Mai died never once have I gone out with friends. . . or even have friends as close as this.

*Knock Knock*

I look over to the door to reveal a excite Levy. ‘This can’t be good.’ I thought as I looked at her.

“Yes what is it Levy?” I asked in a polite manner. She creepily walked inside my room and closed the door. She sat down straight down on my bed and then. . .BAM! She started to bombard me with questions about tonight.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going out with friends!? Let alone going out with 2 boys!”

“So where are you going?! Movies?! Mall!? Dinner!?”

“Wait. . .are you going out with one of the Hitachiins?!? No way! Madam Rin you should have told me! Which one are you-” I interrupted her babbling by covering her mouth. My face was tinted pink from my right cheek to my left. I let go of her mouth and she looks at me with eyes full of interest.

“Okay first of all! No I’m not going out with one of the Hitachiin brothers! And all we are doing is going to a theme park nothing big.” I clarify. She then hugs me lovingly and speaks, “I’m sorry if I just burst out like some five-year-old but this is your first time going out with friends since the. . .that.”

I hug her back and we part, “What did I say about you calling me Madam Rin? It makes me sound old.” I tell her and she giggles.

“I’m sorry Rin. Anyways do you know what you’re going to wear? Are you wearing makeup? What about your hai-” She stops herself and smiles apologetically.

“I don’t know I’ll probably just throw on some jeans, flats, and a regular shirt.” I say nonchalantly. She gets up and walks straight to my closet. ‘Or maybe not.’ I thought as she lays out some clothes for me.

She had picked out a long sleeve sweater shirt that had pale, light pink, pink, white, gray, and navy blue stripes across it. She then picked out some regular blue jeans, a black scarf, and finally finished it with some gray flats.

I was actually impressed by what she had picked out. It wasn’t too flashy or too boring just right and it was comfortable.

“I will leave you to get ready.” She smiles warmly while bowing and leaves.

. . .

It’s almost time for me to go.’ I thought as I hear a knock on my door.

“Rin! One of the Hitachiin brothers is on the phone for you.” Levy hands me the phone and I answer.

“Hello?”

“Hey Rin, we are coming to pick you up in 10 minutes.” By the sound of his voice I could tell it was Kaoru.

“Okay I’m already ready so I’ll be waiting.” We say our goodbyes on the phone and I hand it back to Levy. I walk downstairs to the living room which is empty and turn the TV. As the show of a group of teens in high school goes on I pay no mind to it.

My nervousness is coming back. . .what do you usually do when you go out with friends at this age? What if they think I’m boring and they don’t care about me? Ughh! This is so frustrating!’

Even though I am 16 I haven’t been this close to someone as this before. I sigh and our doorbell goes off. I get up from the couch and Levy already has answer the door. She turns to me smiling and says, “Rin, your friends are here.”