Our Trip in Karuizawa

Rin’s P.O.V

It has been a few months since I joined the Host Club so I have gotten used to their crazy ideas and what they do. I’ve gotten so close to everyone and I look forward to going to Host Club every day. 

But now it was summer vacation and I get to have my break away from them. My phone began to ring and I see Kaoru’s phone number. ‘Spoke too soon’ I thought as I look at the contact annoyed and answer.

“Hello” I say.“Ah! Rin we are going to Karuizawa. Are you coming?” I have only been to Karuisawa once because I was not allowed to have ‘friends’ unless my father and mother agreed they were going to be useful. ‘I’m glad I’ve kept the Host Club a secret from my parents.’ I tell myself.

“Um. . .I guess it would be okay.” I said thinking of an excuse to leave the house for awhile. “Great! Is it okay if Hikaru and I pick you up?” “No!” I said louder than I meant it to be. “I-I mean. .uh. .i don’t think that will be a good idea.” I stuttered.

I know if they were to pick me up my parents would want to talk to them because of their mother’s fashion line and I didn’t want them to get involve with my parents.

“Why?” he asked. “It’s. . . I. . .” I couldn’t answer because of how I was trying to think of a good enough lie to tell him. “I’ll just meet you on the outer side of my house. Is that okay?” I asked before I can shut myself up. ‘I just hope my parents won’t ask where I am.’ I told myself mentally.  “Oh okay.” He said laughing at me a little.

“Don’t laugh at me.” I said pouting. “I’m not, I’m not.” He said. After that he told me to pack just in case I stay for a while and he will pick me up in about 30 minutes . We said our goodbyes and I got ready and packed my stuff.

“Oh! Rin-sama are you going on a trip?” Levy questioned. Levy has always been there and kept my secret between me and her so I told her about the Host Club and where I will be for a bit.

“Please Levy don’t tell anyone.” I begged her. “Don’t worry Rin-sama! I will always keep these type of things between us.” She said giving a strong smile and holding her fist up.

I laughed at her and told her how I have been performing in the Host Club. ‘I think of Levy more of a mother figure than a maid.’ I told myself while waving goodbye and taking my luggage outside of my house. 'Good. I was able to avoid my parents.' I sighed in relief.

I looked over to see Hikaru and Kaoru’s car outside. I walk quickly to their car and the driver took my luggage. “Hey.” I said to both of them. “Hey!” they said in sync. “So I have to say this, I have only been to Karuizawa once and I don’t really know where everything is.” I said getting in the car. “Karuizawa is not a very big place when we get to Misuzu’s we’ll show you around.” They said looking out the window. 

“Who’s Misuzu?” I asked looking out the window as well. “He’s Haruhi dad’s friend.” They said flatly. “Okay.” I said not feeling like talking. The drive over to Misuzu’s was not very long and her house was cute.

When went inside Haruhi greeted us. “Hey Haruhi!” I said waving towards her. I was walking then saw this. . .lady? Coming towards us.“ Hikaru! Kaoru! Are you coming to Karuizawa to do another refreshing contest?”

“No we just came to visit Misuzu.” They said. ‘Wait did they just call her. . .Misuzu? That can’t be right. Misuzu is a boy? Right?!?’

“Who is this beautiful and refreshing girl?!” Misuzu points towards me while asking Hikaru and Kaoru. “Oh her name is Rin.” Kaoru says. “Hello.” I say smiling. “Oh oh oh~!” she held my hand and held me in a death hug.

“Can’t.  . .breath. . .” I say while putting my hand up as if someone was dragging me down. She let me go and started to talk to Hikaru and Kaoru. I took in a deep breath as Haruhi came up to me. “Sorry about that.”

“No, no it’s fine. I’m just glad I can breathe again,” I giggled “by the way are you working here?” “No, my dad drops me off here every summer.” She tells me. “But it always seem where I go the Host Club comes with me.” She said a bit irritated.

I laughed, “well we all like you Haruhi. And it’s better to have friends then non at all.” I said remembering when I was little I pushed out the world because of Mai’s death and didn't make any friends. I quickly pushed away that thought and noticed Haruhi was staring at me. “W-what is it?”

“Is something bothering you?” She asks me. That caught me off guard. Most of the time when I think of Mai I put on my fake smile and no one can find the difference but.  .  . ‘how did Haruhi see it?’

“Ha-ha-ha no nothings bothering me Haruhi.” I said waving my hand back and forth sideways. She looked at me for a second longer and looked at the ground as if she was thinking hard. “A-anyways where’s my room?” I ask no one in particular. “Huh?” The twins say in sync.

“Where’s my room?” I repeat myself. “Rin you’re sleeping with us.” They flatly. “No. No. Oh and did I mention no!” I said feeling my cheeks heat up. They swiftly move towards me and put their arms around my shoulders. “Why not?” They say as if it was not that big of a deal.

“Because,” I move away from their arms and look at them, “I’m a girl and you guys are boys. Why can’t I just get my own room?” I ask. “All the rooms are sold and there is only one left.” They said looking mischievously at me. I know that look. They’re planning something.’ I thought while I sweat drop.

“How about I just request another bed and I sleep on that bed while you two sleep on the other one.” I say. “No that be no fun!!” They say. ‘They’re really pushing their luck.’ I think. I sigh knowing they will win this battle either way. “Fine I’ll be in the same room as you. But! I have some rules!”

“I will be on the edge of the bed while you two are about 10 inches away from me.”I say not budging if they complain. They agree and take me to the room. I put my bag down and lay on the bed.

This is going to be a long week.’

(i know this chapter is a bit short but i'm trying to write as much as i can! And it's really late at night i forgot to write earlier. So if there more gramtical errors than usual it's because i'm tired. So that's all Goodbye!)