Just a Toy?

3rd Person P.O.V

The week had flown by after leaving the amusement park and Rin has gone back to her usual self.

Rin’s P.O.V

“Rin, your breakfast is ready.” Levy woke me up in an unusual quite voice. My tired eyes met her emotionless ones.

“Levy what’s wrong?” I asked, my voice full of concern.

She smiled sadly and answered, “In a couple of days. . .it will be her anniversary.” She adverted her eyes to the left and I pulled the covers off. I had already knew this but didn’t bring it up to anyone.

“Are you okay? You know how you get when her anniversary comes up.” Levy face and voice shows complete worry.

“Don’t worry. . .I’m fine.” I said with a fake smile but knowing Levy she can see through it. After that she didn’t push it and continued on with her duties. As I was getting ready my mind was wandering off to Mai’s anniversary in 2 days.

It’s already been 4 years. . .4 lonely years.’

. . .

I was already in my first class and the twins were bothering me as usual. My patience was running low with them and the tic mark on my face was very visible.

“Will you two shut up already!?” I snapped and they looked at me surprised. They made a stupid face and started to cuddle me.

“Aww even when you’re mad you’re cute.” The said in sync. I was pushing them away and my cheeks were bright pink. They let go of me and I close my eyes. Right when I open my eyes they immediately fell on Hikaru and we made eye contact. My heart started to flutter and I looked away quickly.

‘Why is my heart beating quicker whenever I see him? I never felt like this before so I don’t understand.’ As I think I feel a hand pull a piece of my hair lightly. This snapped me out of thoughts and I look up. The person pulling my hair was the same person who was making my heart race, Hikaru.

“What’s wrong Rin? You been acting weird around me ever since the amusement park.” He leans in closer. My eyes go wide and I freeze. My cheeks were hot, my eyes returned to normal size and I started leaning closer too. Hikaru eyes were widening and his face was turning tomato red.

 I snap back to reality and back up so fast I fell out of my chair. Hikaru backed up as well with red across his face and his hand over his mouth.

“I-I’ll be right back.” I stutter my face hot.

. . .

I go to the outside garden and concentrate on my breathing for a while before returning to class. This is how I get when Mai’s anniversary is coming up. I get moody and clumsy but. . .

‘I never blushed or felt nervous around a guy.’ I felt myself be consumed by my thought and let my body lead the way to the classroom. The bell had already rang so I was late. When I opened the door the teacher looked at me, her face turned serious.

“Why weren’t you here when the bell rang?” Her voice suspicious.

I looked at her and said, “I had a stomach ache. So I went up to the nurse.” She didn’t believe that one bit started to question me.

“The nurse should have called me. Where were you really?” He huffed.

“I’m sorry but-” we were interrupted by squeals from girls. The Hitachiin Twins were doing their twincest act. The teacher tried to calm the girls but failed. She sighed in defeat and looked at me, “Miss. Fuyu you’re excused this time.”