Chapter 2

*Yesenia's POV*

"Why didn't you answer your phone Yesenia?"

I walk past the entrance of our home and make my way to the kitchen with Demi trailing behind me.

"I was driving," I say sardonically.

"Oh but you had time to ignore my call?"

"Demi can we please not I've had a rough day."

I open the fridge and grab some left over pasta. I open it and stick it in the microwave. I look up at Demi and see her eyes start to fill with tears. Things may be rough but I can't stand to see my baby cry. I sigh and walk to where she's standing. I wrap my arms around Demi and hold her tightly.

"I'm sorry, I've just had a long day Demi."

I feel a small wetness on my shoulder and I know that tears have hit my shirt.

"I feel like you don't even care about us anymore. I'm putting all this effort and you're not even trying."

"Demi I have massive amounts of homework ,and I have to write my second book. It has to be finished by the end of November and I haven't even gotten halfway done. Not to mention I have hoards of paparazzi following me everywhere I go and harassing me."

Demi pulls away but stays in my arms.

"I know I just- I just wish you had time for me," she sniffles.

My heart aches and a wave of guilt floods over me. I pull her in and kiss her. I pull away and hear the microwave stop. I turn and grab my food. I felt nothing. Nothing at all. My heart aches even more because I know she loves me, but I don't think I love her anymore. Demi comes up behind me and wraps her arms around my waist.

"I'm glad you're home, I've missed you."

"I was only gone for a few hours, besides Marissa was over."

"I know but I still missed you."

"I missed you too baby," I lied.

Demi pulls away and says she is going to take a shower. I sit down on the couch and turn on the TV. My choices are E!News, Duck Dynasty, or Spongebob. It's not a difficult decision, I obviously pick Spongebob.

Halfway through the episode I finish the left over pasta so I get up to put it in the sink. A small vibration runs through my right leg so I take out my phone. It's Lauren, and I can feel my heart flutter.

"Hey Lo what's up," I ask enthusiastically.

I hear Lauren giggle on the other line and I can't help but smile gayly.

"Nothing much I just wanted to call my best friend."

"Well here I am what's on your mind?"

"That guy from class," she says dreamily.

I ball my fist, why is she still thinking about him?

"He wasn't that cute was he?"

"Are you joking?! He was drop dead sexy."

"Oh come on I've seen cuter."

"Well no guy that cute ever flirts with a girl like me."

"Guys are idiots Lauren, you're one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met."

"Thanks Yesi. I just wish I had a chance with him."

"You don't even know him."

"Why do you sound so against him? You don't know him either Yesenia," she says a bit mad.