Chapter 16

*Yesenia's POV*

The reason I woke up was because of the way she sleeps. She curls into your side and holds you tightly so you won't ever leave. It's like, no matter how far she's come in recovery sometimes she still feels like everyone's going to leave her so she better hold on. I can't blame her, mainly because I'm that way too. I wake up to the vanilla aroma of Demi's skin. I kiss the top of her head and stroke the small of her back with my thumb. Demi's slow to wake up but once she's up she simply leads me to the shower. Demi turns on the water and let's it steam up. Then she turns to me and wraps her arms around my neck.

"Shower with me," she says. It sounds more like a command than a question so I do as she says and take off my t-shirt. Not once breaking eye contact with Demi I stand before her with my torso completely naked. Demi beams and proceeds to attach her mouth to my neck. She sucks on my skin and occasionally bites down, hard enough to leave her mark on me. She did it plenty enough last night. Half my body is covered in Demi's love bites. Of course most of those love bites are in areas I don't normally allow people to view. Once the bathroom is hot and steamy Demi undresses and walks into the shower. She motions for me to join her so I walk in and shut the shower door behind me. Demi let's the hot water run over her body for a few seconds then pulls me close to her. She kisses me and pushes me up against the wall. The heat within my thighs begins to build up as Demi runs her index finger over my sex, in the slow, teasing fashion she always does. The steam of the room reaches me as Demi's lips slowly work their way to my neck again. My hair feels heavy and my body sticky but it's all forgotten as Demi begins to knead at my sex. I feel my pupils grow wide and dark as the need for Demi's lips on my sex increases. Demi pays me no attention as she continues to go down. She gives me a trail of light, airy kisses as she descends to my right breast. Demi takes the nipple in her mouth and begins to suck. I lift my hand and push some of her hair back. I close my eyes and let my head rest against the cool, glass shower door. Demi's lips are now down to my lower abdomen, she's so close to the target. I bite my lip in anticipation of the happiness I'd come to forget, it had been so long after all. Demi kissed the inside of my thighs, and wasted no time in getting to my sex. It throbbed, and begged for Demi's lips. Just as I felt her tongue inside me, a phone went off. Demi quickly stood up and asked if I wanted to go see who it was. I wanted so badly to say it didn't matter, so Demi could once again make sweet love to me, but I was expecting a call from both Wesley and a peace corp agent. Neither of those calls could I ignore so I nodded and grabbed a towel. Dripping water all over my floor I walked back to my room. I checked my phone and it hadn't rung at all. Then I went to see if it had been Demi's, and sure enough she received a new text. It was from Wilmer, begging her to give him another chance and to let him explain it all to her. I slid her phone open and deleted the message. I won't let him break this wonderful dream. I won't let him take Demi away again, at least not until tomorrow. When I walked back to the shower Demi was in the middle of washing her body. Her back was to me so I leaned against the wall and watched her for a few moments. Demi jumped when she finally turned around and saw me.

"What are you doing leaning against the wall and staring at me like a creep," she playfully teased.

I smiled. "Sorry I was just looking at everything I'm gonna miss when I leave."

Demi's smile faded and was replaced by a rigid frown. "Please don't remind me you're leaving tomorrow..."

I unwrapped the towel from my body and walked inside. Then I wrapped my arms around Demi's waist and kissed her.

"I'm sorry but you know it's inevitable."

Demi nodded.

"Yeah but I don't want to ruin our day so quickly with such sad topics of conversation. Why don't you tell me who called instead?"