Chapter 8

In the morning I feel someone's fingers on my face. I open my eyes and see Selena with a glowing halo of light behind her. It illuminates her angelic features. She traces my jawline with her fingers.

"Morning sleepy head," she coos and kisses me.

I kiss her back. Then I feel an intense pounding in my head. I break away and put my hands on my head.

"I have an insane headache."

"You're probably hung over come on I'll get you some sprite."

"The soda?"

"Yeah it cures your hangover really fast."

Selena gets up and exits the room. She's wearing an oversized shirt and nothing else. Then I smile as I remember what we did last night. My phone rings and I turn to grab it. A message from Demi. I unlock my phone and notice I have seven voicemails, ten texts, and seven missed calls all from Demi. I read through the texts.

Call me.

CALL ME NOW.

We need to talk.

Yesenia stop this.

Oh my god just fucking answer.

Can you just please act your age.

You're so freaking childish I can't believe I was with you. Good riddance.

You know what? Fuck you. I'm done.

I'm done but I need to talk to you.

Just please fucking answer me. Please.

Then I listen to the voicemails. They pretty much all say what the texts do. I decide to dial her number. She picks up on the first ring.

"Finally, god damn."

"Well good morning to you too sunshine."

"Cut the crap."

"Fine, why the hell did you want me to call."

"We need to talk."

"I already broke up with you and admitted to cheating on you. You cursed me out what more do you need to say."

"Listen I don't want to do this over the phone. Wherever you are, please just come home."

Selena walks through with a glass of soda.

"I'll be home tonight I have a busy day."

Selena takes the phone from me and puts it under the pillows.

"You have to fix things with her."

"Why? I thought you and me were gonna have fun Sel?"

"I wanted to but you don't."

"What? Selena I asked you to have sex with me, I'm pretty sure I want you."

"That's what I thought too until last night. While you were asleep all you kept saying was 'Demi. I'm sorry. Demi, I'm so sorry.' I've already betrayed my best friend and I don't plan on doing that again."

I take the phone from under the pillow.

"I'll be there in twenty."

"Great, I'll make breakfast."

I stare at Selena.

"Anything but french toast."

I hang up and drink the soda. Then I hop in the shower and get ready. Selena drives me home. I hand her a piece of paper with my number on it.