Chapter 15

*Yesenia's POV*

(Days Later)

Dear Diary,
I leave for Kenya in three days. Everything has been going so much better here I don't want to leave. Selena and I have been working things out. We can actually call ourselves good friends now. She and I went hiking one morning, and then another day she showed me a few new dance moves. Demi and I.... we've been so great words could never describe it. We've had in depth conversations about poetry, and she's shown me what she has written of her memoir. She's a fabulous writer, and I'm sure her book will sell magnificently. We've done all sorts of things together during the past couple of days. She took me fishing, skiing, and even went sky diving with me. I took her to a festival in my old home town, to some really cool bookstores, and I took her whale watching. Of course there were a few awkward instances where we'd forget we weren't dating and almost kiss or hold hands. Sometimes it's hard being around her and not being able to caress her or even show the slightest sign of affection. But it's better than not being around her at all. Every time I'm with her everything else seems irrelevant. Whenever I ask if Wilmer doesn't mid us hanging out she tells me he doesn't but I know he does. Thanks to Selena of course. I've even managed to get Marissa to give me a chance. She still hates my guts but at least she doesn't attempt first degree murder every time she's around me. There's a fair in a small town about an hour from LA and I got Demi to go with me. The fair is one of the few places that brings back good memories for us so I thought it'd be nice. Wesley comes home tomorrow and I know he's not going to be very happy I'm leaving. I know I have to leave but my mind loves to tell me I have a choice.

"Hey," I head a familiar voice call.

I look up from my laptop and see Selena walking towards me with a coffee cup in her hands.

"I thought you and Demi were hanging out today?"

"We are, but that isn't until later and I just wanted to get some air."

Selena sits down opposite of me.

"Is everything okay?"

I nod and give her a meek smile. She doesn't buy it and continues to pry until I finally decide to tell her.

"Everything's just been so good lately that I'm not entirely sure I want to leave anymore."

Selena reaches out for my hand and holds it.

"You can always tell them you've changed your mind, or that you're scared to or something."

I shake my head.

"I've made a promise Sel, and besides that wouldn't be professional at all."

She nods and lets go of my hand to take a sip of her coffee. We chat for a bit longer until she has to leave for a photo shoot. We give each other a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek before parting ways. I get into my car and drive to my place. Demi calls me while I'm making lunch to ask what she should wear for tonight.

"Anything you wear will look perfect Dems."

"So you're saying I should wear a designer gown then?"

We both laugh.

"Okay maybe you should just wear some jeans and a tee," I try to say while still laughing.

Demi agrees.

"So I was wondering if afterwards we could have another girls night at your place," she asks.

"Want me to invite Sel and the other girls?"

"No no, just you and me."

I bite my lip.

"Uhm yeah I guess so."