Chapter 4

*2 Days Later*

My phone wakes me up and I notice it's Demi. I answer it and pray Lauren doesn't wake up.

"Hey babe."

"Hey my flight lands in an hour, do you think you can come pick me up? My dad's busy."

"Yeah no problem I'll be there Demi."

"I've missed you Yesi."

"I've missed you too Dems," I lie.

I've been doing that a lot as of late.

"Well I'll be home soon enough, bye sweetie."

"Bye Dems."

I hang up and hear Lauren stir next to me. I turn and she's awake.

"Good morning beautiful," she says with a smile.

Seeing her wake up is like seeing a small, innocent puppy wake up. I smile back at her.

"I have to go pick up Demi at the airport Lauren."

Her smile fades.

"Ugh why does she have to come back so soon. Do you know how it's going to be seeing each other behind her back?"

"Lauren this ends here."

She sits up quickly.

"What?"

"Our affair ends today. I can't do this anymore."

"I thought you liked it."

"I do, and that's why I can't. Lauren I've cheated on Demi twice now, I thought I'd get over it but I can't. I can't help but feel so guilty and dirty."

I lower my gaze and look away. Lauren pulls me back to look at her. She leans in and kisses me. I know it's wrong but I can't help enjoy it. At night, usually after Lauren and I have sex, I feel dirty. I feel as if Demi is staring at us while we have sex and I picture the face she'll make if she ever finds out. We pull away and she rests her head on my shoulder.

"If we're so wrong why does it feel so right when my lips are against yours?"

That's the thing. It doesn't feel completely right to me. Our mouths don't fit as perfect as Demi's fits with mine. With Lauren I don't smell that sweet vanilla scent that feels like home.

"Lauren you have to get up and go. I'm going to take a quick shower and head out to pick her up."

"Just promise me this isn't over."

She lifts her head and looks me dead in the eye. I can see it in her eyes, she really does care about me. I care about Lauren, I do it's just...Demi. I can't stop thinking about her, even when I'm with Lauren. That should be good right? Well the bad thing is I can't stop thinking about how much I'm hurting her. Anytime that Lauren's lips meet mine I think about how Demi would feel if she caught us. How hurt she'd look. How she would feel like I stabbed her in the back. It makes the kiss taste sour. When Lauren goes down on me all I can think of is how I used to feel when Demi would go down on me. She'd give me multiple orgasms in such a short time. Her fingers and tongue were magical. Lauren's aren't. She's good, and I orgasm but it's not like when Demi and I used to have sex. I say used to because we haven't had sex in such a long time. Could that be why we're falling apart? If we had sex could that fix everything? I know it won't but wouldn't it be great if it did? I sigh, I'm about to give in. As I'm about to promise her that our affair won't end today I look past her head and see it. The picture Demi and I took that night in Paris. We were on the Eiffel Tower, never had we ever felt so in love. You could see it by the way we were looking at each other. That picture. It just hurts. I close my eyes and hold back the tears.