New Best Friend

Neariah's Pov:

I was finally home and to be honest, I was glad. Even though I got a cute guy's number, I was still happy I left.

My brothers are so arrogant! And it's like 9:30 and our parents are still gone. I called my mama and she didn't answer, dad? I don't like talking to him because he always tries to speak in Spanish and its so confusing, even though we speak it also.

I was back in my room, I took a shower and I put in some gym shorts, a black shirt and some knee high black socks, I'm not tired.

I plugged up my game and waited for it to load. Should I text fire head? I don't know, I'm too scared.

Wait, did I just say that I was scared? Wow, he must be really cute because I'm never scared.

But I was still staring at my phone until it started ringing.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

"Girl!" My bestfriend Becca yelled into the phone.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Gull what?!" I yelled back, trying to act girly.

"Uh uh! Don't even. But anyways! Guess what we're doing tonight!" Oh no!

"No! No no no no." I said, rolling over in my bed like a little dog.

"We have to. You want to be a scientist right?" Ahh she got me.

You thought we were going to a party? Ha, no, we're not party girls, we're game freaks aka GEEKS!

"Yea." I said.

"Then we have to do this simulation."

"Okay. When?"

"Um... We can start tomorrow, tomorrow we can research everything  and Monday, we can meet up in the school library and discuss things! Oh yea! We need a lab rat."

Not the animal people, we need a human.

"Sounds good bud." I said and the call ended.

Okay, so your probably confused. Becca and I want to be scientist when we grow up and in order to see if that's what we really want to do, we have to run tests and make up cures, for minor things.

We're  sophomores but next year we'll be juniors  so therefore, after we get a lot of credits for senior year and  graduate, we could go to this science school and learn, if we get accepted that is.

I groaned. I was looking at my ceiling, bored out of my mind.

"Near!" I heard a small voice yell. I jumped up and say on my bed. "What!" I yelled back. "Come here!" The little voice yelled back, I didn't know who it was. "Uh. Okay." I said confused.

I ran downstairs, once I made it down, I fell dead on my face, the floor was slippery.

I groaned, a little person hovered over me. I smiled, it was my favorite little person.

My cousin, Melody. She's 2 and she talks pretty good for her age. I raised up and she stepped back. I grabbed her and started hugging her super tight.

"I've missed you so much!!!" I squealed as her little body flew from side to side in my arms. She giggled.

I finally stopped hugging her. "You spending the night?" She stared at me. "Wanna stay with me?" I asked again. She nodded happily. "Yay!" I squealed.

I looked around and everyone was talking. My parents and my aunt and her boyfriend were here.

Wow they didn't just see our great greeting.