Hear me

Jensen's POV

"Hear me

Hear me when the words roll off my tongue that were formed by my lips

Hear me as I cry and scream with sorrow in my throat

Hear me as I walk past you,

hear my feet against the pavement of the floor.

Hear me spit this poem to help your ears become alert.

Hear me when I don't ask, but demand you to hear me.

Hear my words flow throughout your body, making you question how they got there.

Hear me." I said.

It was Monday morning and it was poetry time. After I finished, I sat back down and waited for one of my favorite poets in the classroom to speak.

He went up and every time he spoke, the words hit home. His name is Cre. He's  a freshman and it is amazing how he knew what to say and how to say them.

I clapped and smiled. "Good job, bro." I said, shaking his hand. He smiled and thanked me.

"You can all pack up, we got 2 more precious minutes." Ms. Ramos said. As the seconds went by, everyone was talking amongst themselves. I love this class.

The bell rung and we walked out. I haven't talked to Minnie in about three days. Maybe our relationship needs to be on hold. I'm messing up her life.

"Aye, y'all seen Blu em?" I asked my best friends. They shook their head. "Wait...  They got A lunch with us..." Lubin trailed off.

"I've never seen em in there." "They don't be in the lunch room. I thank they be in the gym. Why?" Dee asked. "I need to talk to them about something." They exchanged weird glances. "Okay, well, go. You want us to come?" I shook my head. "I'll text y'all when I'm on my way back." "Ight."

I walked down the stuffy hall. Okay, I don't know how to approach the situation, I've never- ugh I don't know.

I opened the gym doors and walked in. I turned towards the bleachers and their they were with the same girls from the game.

"Wassup." Grey said to me as I walked to them. I scratched the top of my head, my hair was a mess today.

"Um... Can I talk to y'all for a sec. Like in private. Or... We can talk at practice." I said awkwardly, shifting on my feet.

They looked at each other and got up.  "What's wrong?" Blu asked as we walked away from the girls. 

"I- need to tell y'all something about Min." I said nervously. My heart was racing. "What about her? She comes back to school tomorrow." Grey said, pulling his small chin hair.

"I'm not um.... I'm not trying to break her heart. I love her. I'm in love with her." I stumbled over my words quickly.

"Okay so what's the problem?" Blu asked. I took a deep breath. "Can you tell her that I don't want her with me anymore? Like dating wise." I said slowly, not recognizing my own voice.

Their eyes dilated. "So... Your breaking up with our sister through us without telling her to her face?" Grey asked slowly, like he was trying to understand what I just said.

I ran a hand over my face. Tears burned my eyes. "Y-yes." They started laughing. "What's so funny?" They were dying laughing.

But they stopped quickly like they were possessed. "You gone tell her yourself, when she comes back." Grey said seriously.