Sports

Neariah's POV:

We were at our last track meet and it was my turn to run for the 400 meter dash.

I walked over to the started line and started stretching  my legs out a little bit. The starter walked to the side of us, we were all in a line, from one to 7, starting from one was the slowest to fastest, 7 being the fastest.

Anticipation got into my body and I was just ready to get this over with.

After a few seconds of only hearing the crowd yelling, t

he gun was fired and we took off, I was all the way in the back and I ran on my tippy toes to catch speed, I just focused on what was in front of me, I didn't talk, all I could think about was breathing.

My mind was clear and i felt good, the cool air was hitting my face as we ran in the darkness. I turned the curve of the big track and gave it my all, only hearing the loud breathing of the girls next to me and the crowd. Don't give up don't give up, faster faster. I coached myself. I ran as fast as I could as the crowd cheered.

I was almost there, pushing through like my life depended on it and somehow I felt like it did.

I finished in first place. I went over to the time keeper and gave him my name and number before going over to Bec and hyping her up for her 100 meter dash.

"You got this, sis. First place bxtch, your faster than fire, and I ain't talking bout Curly. Show des hoes how Becky With the Good hair do." She laughed and we high five each other.

They called her event and I gave her a tight hug and wished her luck.

She jogged over to the starting line. The starting man gave them the directions. "Go Bec!" I yelled.

"On your mark.... Get set..." The man stopped. Somebody had moved a inch, causing them to have to start all over again.

My heart was racing. "On your mark... Get set... Go!" The gun was fired and all of the girls rushed down the track. Bec was in third place. "Than fire!" I yelled and she pushed harder and she made it to first! Aha! Lowkey always hated how she started, she always started with her head down, making  her  opponents get advantage. But she was quick on her feet, not go lie.

I was yelling and cheering for my best friend. The guys were at their football game. I was so ready to be finished with this so we could  try to make it in time. We had to leave a hour before them.

After Bec gave the time keeper her information, she walked over to me tiredly and jumped on me! I caught her and giggled. "You did it boo!" I yelled, spinning her around.

She giggled too and I put her down. She was smiling at me and we did our best friend handshake. "Told you you was fast. But you gotta work on that start." She nodded tiredly. "I know, sis. But I won though!" "Hehe I know. I'm proud of you!" I smiled. "Aww! Shxt! Your event is after the rest of the girls go. I hope we get to the game in time."  I groaned. "Same."

We waited for the other girls to finish up and my last event, hurtles and Bec's last, long jump came. We did our handshake and wished each other luck again and went off to our sections.

I started jumping up to get my legs ready and I stretched them out a bit again  before cracking my neck and walking over to the starting line. I was in the second group.