The 18th

Jensen's POV:

"Yo, prom is next month." Dee said. "What the hell? School almost out." I said, eating some fries from In and Out Burger. 

"That's what I'm saying." Lubin said. "What day?" "On the 18th." "Dam, I gotta check my schedule." "It aint like you gone be able to go anyways." "What you mean?" "Youngin (Neariah) aint gone be able to go." "Uh huh. They said that the under grades  could come if the upper grades invited em." Dee butted  in. 

"We'll see." I huffed. We walked out the store and jumped into Dee's Jeep with mmy almost done fries. "Where she at anyways?" "Who?" "Near." "Home, she grounded." They smacked their lips as Dee raced down the street.

"Maaaaane, tell me it's not because of you." He said with disappointment. I continued to eat my fries, ignoring him. The backseat was waaaay more comfortable then the front.

The blasting music was cut off and he stopped at a red light. They turned around and looked at me. 

"What?" I asked before taking a sip of my drink. "You got ha in trouble!" Lubin gasped out. He looked behind him. "Green light." 

They turned back around and drove off. "I didn't try to." I said quietly, suddenly feeling guilty. 

"Then what did you try to do?" "I don't know, man. I never want her to get in trouble, I'm pissed right now. Drive over there." I unlocked my phone, went to my messages and looked for Blu's number.

Me: Yo

Blu: Wassam

Me: Um, is Minnie there?

Blu: Nah, she over our Grand Mama's  house. 

I silently cussed. 

Me: ight bro, but when she come back, can you tell ha I texted you to check on ha, and that I love ha? 

I felt embarrassed to tell him to tell her that, I know that's a bad way to tell someone those three words, but I had no choice. I was too ashamed to even tell him that I  apologize for getting her in trouble. I'd rather do the rest in person. 

Blu:  lmao awe of course nigga

Me: Thanks man

"You can turn around, she aint there." I mumbled. "Fxck that, we still going, hell, I wasted two dollars worth of gas. We going! Plus, they got that new Watch Dogs." Dee said and I laughed. "I don't think they mama gone let me come in. Drop me off at H's and pick me up when yall leave." "Better hope he aint with Snow Bunny." Lubin said and we laughed. "She will kill you if you call ha that in person." "I kills the poon." "It's gone kill yo ass one day." Dee laughed.

I got out the car and shook my best friend's hands. "Ight, playa, stay up." "Mane if you don't get the fxck." I laughed out at Dee. "Yo, don't forget to pick me up." "We aint mane." "If my baby come, come get me." "Hell fxck no bxtch." Lubin said and we laughed. "Yall childish. Shid I'll walk there." "Yea, walk home too." They drove off.

"I will!" I yelled after them. "Bet!" Lubin yelled out the window. 

I smirked and shook my head before turning around and walking up to H's door.

I rung the door bell and waited. After a few seconds, I rung it again. A little bit over 15 seconds passed and Glitter Lips opened the door.

"Curly!" She yelled happily. "Dam gull. He killin you in there?" I chuckled. Her hair was sticking up in every which way. She laughed.