Chapter 8 : "Team CDRL"

A/N I'm sorry about the late update. I was having trouble writing the battle scene. Also, I'm making team CDRL more talented than what they usually are. I hope you guys lie I this little variation!

Rei watched as the stadium floor opened up, revealing Team CDRL as his opponents. He recognized them as the fools he defeated on his first day at Beacon, when he was introduced and when they called him a girl.

"There will be no time limit, however if you lose consciousness you will fail." Ozpin's warning reminded Rei that now wasn't the time to hold back. He suddenly lifted his cloak, taking it off and discarding it. What the cloak child underneath was now revealed, as he wore his general attire of a blue shirt with ripped jeans. His right arm, however, had something hidden. It was an arm band, with the striking design of a Phoenix's wing on it.

Rei smiled as they all gawked at his arm band, transfixed by the design. In truth, he hadn't claimed this himself. It also was not made by mere humans. What he had on his arm was the soul of a Phoenix, namely his master. The arm band was only usable by him, as the phoenix that had chosen him to be a desciple was very strict about the arm band.

"You shouldn't have shown the arm band, fool." Said a voice in Rei's mind. The Phoenix had fused it's soul with Rei's, increasing his power and fusing their minds as well.

"It was been a long time, Master Fei." Rei responded in his mind. When their souls merged, they could only communicate through Rei's mind, but when Rei's power was at it's peak the Phoenix was known to appear once more.

"Why have you awoken me? I told you to only awaken me when a dire circumstance finds it's way to you." The deep voice in his mind nearly yelled, but Rei was used to his master's loud voice.

"I did not think that, by removing my cloak, you would awaken. I'm sorry, Master. Also, I would like to show you just how much I have improved since we last sparred."

"Then show me. The four in front of you, the three weaklings should be easy to dispose. The brute, however, has an aura I do not like around him. He is the one you will have to worry about."

"Challenge, begin." Ozpin declared, stepping back. Russel was the first to charge, his daggers moving swiftly in an attempt to wound Rei. That was his job on the team, wound the enemy as mush as possible so that they could weaken the opponents. Rei dodged all of the slashes, drawing his own sword and knocking Russel's blades away from him. Sky suddenly used his halberd to swipe at Rei, covering for his teammate. At the same time, Dove jumped at Rei, leaping over the swinging halberd and bringing his sword down onto Rei's sword. He kept the pressure on, forcing Rei to either make a move or lock himself in place.

Rei decided to quickly make a move, moving to his left violently. The motion forced Dove forward, losing his balance and leaning into the ground. Rei kicked Dove's lower rib cage, sending him sliding across the floor.

Rei moved swiftly, dodging Sky's halberd and swiftly moving to avoid Russel who had recovered his daggers. He suddenly leapt back a great distance, leaving a wide gap between him and the members of CDRL. He sheathe his sword, suddenly dawning a very dark expression. He suddenly disappeared, reappearing in front of Dove. Quickly lodging his fist into Dove's stomach area, he forced the poor male to recoil over his fist in pain. Rei swiftly brought his knee up, connecting it with Dove's face and knocking the male out. Rei jumped high, avoiding the slash of Sky's halberd and landing behind said male. He then lashed out at Sky's legs, tripping the slow male and allowing Rei to quickly kick upward, his foot hitting Sky's spine. Sky was unconscious before his body hit the ground.

Russel was the last to charge, running straight at Rei. Rei quickly moved to his right, avoiding the daggers and grabbing Russel's hand. Rei pulled the arm up, jumping along with Russel's arm to raise the male off the ground. He quickly slammed Russel into the ground, the cement cracking due to the impact.

Rei looked at the last standing member of CRDL, the brute who had called himself "Cardin Winchester". Cardin smiled, realizing his teammates were so easily defeated.

"Defeat him as quickly as possible. There is an atmosphere coming from him that I do not like."

Cardin suddenly rushed forward, his right fist extended. Rei countered, rushing forward to meet Cardin's head-on invitation. His own right arm left its limp side, extending into a punch that tied Cardin's brute strength. The collision of their fists caused a shockwave, cracking the cement beneath them just from the pure pressure the two gave off.

Ozpin watched the battle with interest, taking in account of Rei's movements. They were all nearly perfectly executed, but something was off. The way he suddenly changed during the fight, even the mere way he rushed head-on with no fear. He was merely toying with CRDL, giving the audience something to enjoy. Ozpin smiled, reveling in the fact that he finally had yet another prodigy. Granted, the other Beacon students were no pushovers, but Rei was on another level. The entirety of team WRRY were all on another level. Yang Xiao Long, the brawler with the ability to increase her own power by the amount of damage she had sustained. The ability was god-like, only with a slight drawback.

Weiss Schnee, the princess and heir to the throne of Vale. Her fencing skills were not only revered, but exemplary. She could not only defend, but she also contained a high offensive power.

Ruby Rose, the current fastest student. Combining her speed with her scythe and agility allowed her to make in humane movements and assaults. Those three alone were a force to be reckoned with, but they were missing something. The three together had excellent offensive and defensive capabilities, but they were missing a support member. That was where Rei came in. Although the rumor had gone that Weiss was far more adept at glyphs than her brother, time would have allowed Rei to improve.

Ozpin suddenly silenced his own thoughts, not only redirecting his attention to the fight but remembering that even Rei didn't know that Ozpin knew of his true heritage.

Rei and Cardin collided fists, shockwaves being created at the mere contact of their strength. Rei suddenly maneuvered his body, twisting on one foot and bringing the other into contact with Cardin's chin. The brute was knocked back, stumbling slightly. Cardin faltered only for a second before his powerful fist sent Rei flying. Rei landed on his feet, his arms extended forward and gripping the cement to slow himself. He shot his head up, quickly rolling to his left to avoid the mace flying at him. Cardin muttered a cuss to himself, swearing that he needed to practice his mace throws. Rei shot forward, using only his right fist to knock Cardin off his feet.

"It is no use. I have already figured out his semblance. By sacrificing his aura, he can increase his physical abilities for a short time. By my estimate, he can increase his power for over an hour before his strength has run out. You will not be able to defeat him without your weapon."

Rei smiled, realizing his master was both wrong and right. He was right about Cardin's semblance, but he was wrong about one thing: that Rei would be forced to draw his weapon.

Rei called on a large glyph, extending his arm to that the palm faced Cardin. The glyph appears instantly on his palm, enlarging itself until the glyph touched the ground.

"Glacial technique, Frozen Global Winds." The glyph created a windstorm, coupled with Rei's ability to summon ice at will would soon create a small glacial storm. The atmosphere in the arena suddenly dropped to bone-freezing tempatures. The wind blew fiercely, increasing the effect the cold had on Cardin. His used his arms to cover his face, attempting to block the winds. Rei didn't care, however, as the true power of Frozen Global Winds was soon revealed.

Cardin was now encased in ice, a human Popsicle.

"Challenge complete." Ozpin's voice sounded across the arena, a smile plastered across his face.