Vol.2 / Chapter 13 : "The Call"

A/N I know I promised a 1-thousand word chapter but.

Writer's block.

---

Popsin got to the small cabin as the blast was fired. One explosion threw Popsin backwards. The next nearly knocked him unconscious. His dazed mind struggled to help him to his feet, but he eventually did.

"Who are you!?" He heard Weiss' voice sneer. The tone she was using indicated someone else had shown up. But who?

"Relax, Mistress Weiss. We are here upon your mother's orders." A soldier responded, bowing. Weiss held Rei's still-unconscious body between her arms, although she was kneeling. She'd somehow escaped the explosions. Behind the soldier stood seven more soldiers, one of them holding a rocket launcher.

"My mother? My mother would never instruct her servants to fire cannons at me!" Weiss countered, not believing the solider.

"We like a dramatic entrance." The soldier responded.

"What are you here for?" Weiss asked, her voice seething.

"Master Rei was poisoned, was he not? We have a cure that does not require the use of the Pnuema Flower." The lead soldier stated firmly, handing the bottled cure over to Weiss.

"Why should I trust you?" Weiss asked.

"You would be dead right now if we wanted."

---

-2 Days Later-

Rei was in a silent coma, one induced by the antidote given to Weiss by the Atlisian solders that had appeared. After the cabin was destroyed, the entire group moved to Beacon's campus. Rei was currently hooked up to a heart beat detector, lying peacefully on the white bed.

"How long has it been?" Weiss asked impatiently.

"Two days. He should wake up soon." Blake replied.

"And how do you know that?" Weiss responded.

"It's what Popsin said, remember? The antidote would put Rei into a coma for two days, but then he'd wake up. It's not permanent." Blake said, almost scolding Weiss. Blake's scroll suddenly began ringing, prompting the Faunus to pull out the annoying device.

"Unknown caller?" Blake said, a little surprised. She clicked the answer button and waited.

"Papa?" A little girl's voice spoke. Blake's eyes widened, as did Weiss'. Blake walked up to Rei, then held the scroll to his ear.

"Pap-! Wake up, Papa!" The little girl shouted once she'd seen Rei.

Rei's eyes shot open, his heartbeat detector going crazy as he did so.

"Yuki!?"