Chapter 11 : "The Climax"

A/N im sorry about this late update! I'm also sorry this is so short! The next chapter will be out sooner and longer!

Rei was definitely not fine. In the short time Yang took to run with Ruby, Rei was forced to his knees from the massive blood loss. He'd allowed himself to be seriously wounded, how could he not? The enemy's technique was nearly unmissable.

-Earlier-

"You saw little red, right? This is how I did that to her." The assailant proclaimed, suddenly running in a wide circle around Rei. He soon became an illusion, multiple of the assailant appearing running around Rei. A small tornado formed, a wall of air blocking Rei from escaping.

The assassin suddenly shot out of his running circle, slashing Rei in the left leg. He did this again, moving impossibly fast and striking different areas, increasing his blood loss.

-Now-

Rei was using one knee to hold his body, the other anchoring itself. He glared at the assassin, unable to move due to the immense pain.

"Well, atleast now I know you'll never be in my way again, mister Schnee!" The assailant shouted, pointing the tip of his blade at Rei's head. The assailant was surprised to hear Rei's laughter.

"I finally figured it out." Rei said, weakly. His arms felt numb, the focal point of the assassin's attacks mainly landing on his arms.

"Figured what out?" the assassin asked, subtly intrigued.

"Roman. Fucking. Torchwick." Rei stated loudly. He raised his sword, then flinched from the pain the small action brought upon him. Roman's eyes narrowed, his pupils suddenly dawning a much more dramatic and deadly look.

Rei suddenly disappeared, reappearing behind Roman. He lashed out with his sword, landing three slashes down Roman's back. The angered flesh was suddenly replaced by Roman, the angered assassin turning around quickly and knocking Rei's sword out of his hand. He quickly brought the bloodied blade down, slashing once across Rei's chest. Scarlet blood flowed from his new wound, but Rei had succeeded.

"Fool." Rei breathed through clenched teeth. Roman froze, literally. The freezing ice quickly absorbed him, growing into a flower entirely made of ice. Rei fell forward, his consciousness slipping.

-2 Days Later-

Rei's eyes fluttered open, the bright blue irises landing on the white ceiling above him. He registered the soft, comfortable orange light the hospital lamps provided. He shook his head, slowly. He had a pounding headache and even the soft light hurt his eyes greatly. From the ache in his chest, he figured that someone with a healing semblance had healed him. His chest was bandaged, the white cloth tied securely around his chest. The same cloth was also applied to his wrists and legs, nearly completely covering his body.

"Ughhh...." Rei moaned, his headache pounding away at his brain. His eyes suddenly registered the blonde sleeping gently at his feet, her body ached over the table and her arms being used as a pillow.

"Yang?" Rei whispered, surprised by the sudden turn of events. He'd expected Ruby, or even Weiss. Not Yang. The blonde shot up, her back straightening and her eyes frantically searching for the source of the voice.

"Rei!?" Yang exclaimed, leaning out of her stool and crushing Rei into a hug.

"Oh thank god, you're okay." Yang breathed, the worry leaving her body. Rei patted her back, trying to pull out of the hug at the same time.

"Y-yang, you're crushing me." Yang pulled back instantly, her arms retracting to her sides.

"Thanks." Rei replied, laughing slightly. Yang tried to hide her blush, but she failed to as her head-turn still revealed her burning cheek.

"S-So how do you feel?" Yang asked attentively.

"Headache, lights hurt my eyes, and my lungs hurt because a certain blonde decided to crush them." Rei said jokingly, but he really wasn't lying. He was beginning to have troubles breathing, but he wasn't sure if t was something worth mentioning.

"The Doc said those might be the symptoms...." Yang whispered quietly.

"Symptoms? Of what?" Rei asked.

"He gave you this weird red pill. He then said that the pill would increase healing but...."

"But what?"

"It decreases physical strength."