Vol.2 / Chapter 10 : "Curse"

Rei was knocked into a tree, hard. Unluckily for him, the tree almost turned to dust as the force the demon spider had used was far too great.

"Gahhh...." Rei groaned as he slowly got to his feet. His left arm, previously almost torn off, was still bleeding profusely. His right arm, however, was ripped apart. It looked like a price of meat with leftover skin attached to him.

The Demon spider was closing once again, charging quickly. It roared, the intent to kill basically hanging in the air.

"Bring it, you demon." Rei whispered angrily. Despite the bleeding and torn flesh of his left arm, he could still use it to fight. He used his semblance, a black and red flame enveloping his left fist.

-N-

Please allow me to explain this. If you don't know what this new thing is, it's a part of my new book "Jaune Arc, Trash Of Beacon". It's where I explain something, while cutting the story of my book. This allows for clearer processing, which means it will be easier for people to understand.

Rei's new semblance allows him to focus his aura on a specific area of his body. This area he chooses now has increased durability, which basically means he can take bullets like superman. If he concentrates enough aura, he can produce a flame-like appearance that not only increased his physical capabilities but can also be fired as a short range projectile.

So in short, it's an enhancement of his physical capabilities.

-N-

He charged the demon spider once more, his left arm raised and ignoring the pain coursing through his body.

"Just die already!" Rei shouted in anger as his fist connected with the demon spider's hard skin.

---

"They WHAT!?" Qrow exclaimed loudly.

"What you're saying, is it true? Did you three actually encounter the legendary beast named the 'Black Gate Demon Spider?'" Popsin asked. Ruby nodded her head, still shocked and clearly not thinking correctly.

"Bu-but we have to go now! Rei was fighting that thing when he screamed at me to leave!" Ruby shouted.

"What!? We're going. Now." Qrow said, quickly bringing his scythe with him.

"What about us, uncle Qrow?" Ruby asked, signaling to Blake and Weiss behind her.

"All three of you come with us. Once we encounter the beast, keep your distance. That thing is poisonous."

---

Rei was knocked away again by the collision. This time, however, the demon spider had also been knocked back.

"That's it. I'm done." Rei breathed, barely getting up. He was down on one knee, taking immensely heavy breaths and slowly losing consciousness.

The demon spider recovered quickly, swiftly flipping itself and preparing another charge.

"I'm sorry, guys. Looks like I won't be coming back this time." Rei breathed an apology, as if they could hear him.

The demon spider charged, roaring a terrifying bloodthirsty battle cry.

Rei suddenly heard his heart beating.

"It seems you are yet again in need of help, my dear student."

"Master Fei, the Red Eyes Black Demon Dragon?" 

"My really name is not Fei, for I have no real name. However, the pesky demon spider is approaching. Would you like my assistance?"

"Fuck yes."

Rei felt his heart beat slow, felt his mind fade.....

And suddenly Rei's body sprang up, giving his own bloodcurdling roar. His back suddenly grew wings, dragon wings.

"What the-?"

"You requested my aid. I am merely taking control of your body for a short time."

Rei saw his body dash forward, impossibly fast. His injuries had healed, although he suspected that the injuries would return once his body was given back to him. Rei's body quickly moved underneath the demon spider, firing a direct uppercut to the lower abdomen. The demon spider was sent flying into the air, screaming in pain. Rei's body used the wings to take flight, flapping them and launching his body high into the air. Rei's fist was covered in flames, and with that fiery fist he landed the killing blow to the demon spider.

"Although the demon spider is killed, upon its death it unleashed a gas of poison. The poison is far more potent when released in gas form." Rei's master spoke to him.

"Okay..... So..... Quick question. Will you be able to help me save Yang?"

"My power is already drained. I have only recently reawakened. I can only heal some of your wounds, but the poison will be remain. You must find her tonight and cure yourself within two days."

"Healing me is enough. May I please call you a name, Master?"

"Curse. Master Curse. That will be my new name."

---

"What the-" Qrow exclaimed again as he spotted the burnt corpse of the Black Gate Demon Spider.

"Master Rei?" Popsin asked him, clearly more interested in where Rei was.

"Seems like he killed the damned beast." Qrow responded.

"He's over here!" Ruby shouted, moving two bushes to reveal a collapsed Rei.

"We need to get him medical attention. Soon. The poison has entered his lungs." Popsin declared.

"You take him. I'm going to get Yang." Qrow stated before suddenly feeling a grab on his arm.

"I'll.... I'll get... Yang." Rei said, tiredly.

"Don't be stupid. You need help."

"What.... What I need.... Is.... Isn't help. I need Yang." Rei painfully got back to his feet, clearly struggling.

"Rei, you need help. Let us-" Weiss began, pulling his arm and helping him. He quickly shoved her away, then began walking in the direction the Demon Spider had come from earlier.

"I. Don't. Need. Help." Rei said, gritting his teeth.