Epilogue (Part 2)

I'm sorry about the 3 month delay on this chapter. This is, however the end of this book! I have recently posted several other stories consisting of RWBY content, such as

A Weiss AU : "Into The Inferno"
A Blake AU : "Awakening"
And a Winter AU : "A Winter To Remember"

Feel free to check them out and give me feedback!

Rei had knocked away Mercury with a heavy kick to the stomach before having to dodge Emerald's sickles. An arrow suddenly found its way into his thigh, implanting itself deep into his flesh. The momentary pause that followed allowed for Emerald to slash him three times, the last sending him flying.

He landed in the middle of the street, the area near them being deserted. Thankfully, the common people of Vale had enough brains to run from explosions. Rei pulled the arrow out of his thigh, although pain shot through him, and chucked it to his side. He quickly pulled out his own sword, a sudden black flame enveloping him.

"Without the power of the Black Dragon, you are worthless." Cinder said, sending two more arrows at Rei. Using his sword, he quickly knocked away the projectiles before jumping from Mercury.

"Her arrow pierced through my aura instantly."

Rei's eyes suddenly spotted Yang, injured but alive. His anger suddenly swelled again, the black flame consuming him and hiding him from view. The black flame itself was easily visible, but Rei was lost inside.

Rei's sword suddenly launched from the flames, making a sickening "Kush" sound as it impaled Emerald in the chest.

"Wha-." Emerald breathed before falling forward, unconscious. Mercury suddenly launched himself at the flame just before Rei emerged. Rei slammed Mercury into the ground before leaping onto his back and breaking his neck with a twisting motion of his hands.

"It seems you have retained some of its power." Cinder said, her bow transforming into two swords.

"Well? Shall we have our rematch?" Cinder taunted, flames suddenly pouring from her own eyes.

---

Yang slowly pushed herself up, watching as the two fought mercilessly. The poison effects were beginning to wear off, thankfully. Her robotic arm responded correctly, telling her that she was going to be fine.

Her lilac eyes suddenly turned back towards the battle, watching as Rei suddenly landed a shallow cut to Cinder. He was using glyphs again, thankfully. It meant that the spirit beast that left his body had no effect on him, at least not much of an effect.

Yang steadily got up, her robotic arm holding her injured left arm. She quickly pulled out the arrow, gasping in pain as she did so. The arrow fell to the ground next to her, blood splattering across it.

"Rei..... have your memories.... returned?"

---

Rei suddenly used his blade, which he had pried from Emerald's dead body, to strike at Cinder. She easily dodged it, running along the rooftops away from Rei. Rei followed her, unsure of where she was going. Within seconds, he suddenly realized her plan: she was going to involve civilians in their fight, thus giving her the upper hand.

Cinder suddenly turned around, firing three quick arrows. All of them clattered to the ground uselessly as Rei blocked them. Rei suddenly increase his speed dramatically, using his semblance to launch himself forwards. He suddenly appeared next to Cinder, who still faced where he was previously. His blade suddenly made its way through Cinder's neck, slicing her head off.