Chapter 5

Bonjour!(French)

I wrote this chapter as fast as I could. I'm really busy with school work. Hope you can understand. Here we go chapter 5 is here finally! Tell me what you think of my book!

Picture of Aaron on the side. Also, the song in multimedia is called Vanilla Twilight by Owl City, mentioned in this chapter. I love this song, it never gets old! Enjoy!

***

Chapter 5

Emily's POV

Mortification. Embarrassment. Shame. Awkwardness. Ever find yourself in a situation where you felt all those emotions? Be it tripping over your own two legs and face-planting or literally running into somebody and knocking them down or stuttering and stumbling over your words while talking in front of crowds? In my case, I totally zoned out on the conversation at the kitchen table. I felt everyone's eyes on me, looking at me expectantly, as if waiting for me to say something.

"I'm sorry. I kind of zoned out earlier, you were saying?" I apologised shyly, my cheeks burning from embarrassment.

"Are we boring you, Emily?" Chase asked me in a hard tone which I later realised was fake. My eyes widened at his question and I sputtered in panic, talking incoherently. Chase laughs at my obvious discomfort while I start to talk gibberish in Spanish. I have this habit of switching languages and rapidly talking in Spanish when I'm nervous. My mother was Spanish and my Great Grandparents on mom's side only spoke Spanish, so I heard the language and I tend to ramble nervously in Spanish. Chase was full on laughing now, the whole knee-slapping, breathless laughing you do when you find something hilarious.

"Sweetheart we were asking you if you wanted a ride to school from Chase." the Luna said smiling amusedly at my nervous behaviour.

"Oh! That'd be great!" I said with a smile, still trying to recover from my embarrassment. Chase takes a seat next to me, joining us for breakfast.

"Who were you thinking of anyway? You're boyfriend?" Chase teases, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I shove him aside, giving him a death glare.

"None of your business! Mr. Curiosity." I said blushing a light shade of pink keeping my eyes trained on my plate. How did he know I was thinking of someone?

"Oh I know it because you were blushing like you are now." He replied with an amused smile. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did." He said again. What was with me today? Why am I saying things out loud? Like I needed to embarrass myself even more.

"Come on. Let's go!" he said excitedly getting up from the table and pulling me along. That's a lot of excitement for going to school.

"Where are we going?" I asked him voicing the question running in my head. I felt stupid for asking that after I saw that he opened the garage door. He grinned and motioned me to follow him. I followed him inside and I was surprised how spacious the garage was. There were at least six cars in here and of course a few motorcycles too.

While I was taking it all in Chase got into the driver seat of his car. Isn't he quite the gentleman. When I got closer I realised it was an Ashton Martin, not it's my dream car! I skipped over to it and looked at Chase who had a boyish grin on his face. I motioned him to roll down the window and he did.

"Can I drive it? Please? Please? Please?" I asked giving him puppy eyes. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I sigh getting into passenger seat feeling annoyed.

"Can I drive it? Just this once!" I pleaded and he shook his head completely disregarding my pleas.

"What, no! I'm not letting you drive my baby. You'll probably crash it or something." He said looking horrified. Now I really had the heart to crash his car on purpose.