Chapter Two: The Denali Clan

'How did you find us, Bella?' Carlisle asked me, remembering my preferred name of Bella to Isabella.

'I went all around the world to find your scent and I could only smell faintly in Alaska where I stumbled across a town called Denali' They looked at me thinking about their "Cousins" in Denali who I met.

'Did you meet our friends up in Denali then?' The woman with caramel hair asked.

'Yes I did. I asked them to tell me how to get here' I replied to her.
Carlisle led me to the empty space next to the bronze haired God. Did I just think that? I thought to myself. I drove that line of thought out of my head.

'Carry on tell us how you met them' Carlisle pleaded.

I smiled at him and took in a breath. 'Ok, I got to the town and the sun was coming through a break in the clouds, which would last 30 seconds. So I walked into the nearest shop which was full of clothing and snow equipment. An assistant at the shop came up to me to see if I needed help and I asked him if he knew where I could find you and he spoke about a family of five being your "cousins"

'At that point the sisters came I. To get some snow equipment. The guy told me 'perfect timing' and walked to them and said that I was asking for their cousin. I looked at the girl called Tanya in the eyes and said 'trust me' to her so only her and her sisters could hear. They looked at my eyes and say I was one of them, a vegetarian vampire. They took me to their cabin on a hill about 100 meters from the town, and Tanya introduced herself, as well as her sisters and Carmen and Eleazar, to me. I introduced myself as Isabella Swan, an old friend of Carlisle's from the 1660's ,trying to find him.

'They spoke about how you have created a "perfect family" and that you "couldn't have chosen anyone better for a family" I stayed with them for a month and only decided to come here last week.' I finished my speech on how I met the Denali Clan.

'Why didn't you find us before?' Carlisle asked, holding onto my hand, I wrapped my other hand around his.

'I did try to find you but last time it took me to the Volturi.' I said 'they kept me with them for a century until I got on Aro's nerves an I demanded that I left and he agreed.' They all had open eyes to me being part of the Volturi 'They can't get me their gifts won't work on me'

'Oh my' the Caramel haired woman exclaimed.
'Don't worry they took the threat -if you can call it that- seriously and won't bother me. They don't even know I am part of the family which I'm surprised at.'

'Who do they think you are?' She asked again, her face full of worry. She has got to be with my father after all this time. If she wasn't, that would be unbelievable.

'They just think I'm an odd Nomad with a power of shielding and prefers animals to humans. "Once an animal eater, always an animal eater" I say'. I said, joking about the quote I made. And added a laugh.