Chapter 5 The Wolves and The Hunt

The wolf stench burned my nose so bad I had to breath into my hair to weaken the scent. It did help but only a bit.

I saw three men and two wolves coming into our view, I remembered Edward stood a foot away from me when I heard his thoughts. The men where thinking about me, all about who I was and why I'm here but the one on the left of the centre man, clearly  Alpha, was thinking about how beautiful I looked. I mentally shivered at that thought. Edward thought that as well -mentally shivering, I mean-.

'Sam.' Edward started 'This is Isabella Cullen, the newest member of our family to join us but the oldest next to Carlisle. Isabella, this is Sam, he is the Alpha of the shapeshifter wolves in the tribe'

'Isabella can I ask you a few questions?' The one in the centre asked.

'Of course, Sam' I answered kindly thinking about how much I liked the way Edward said my name. It had a good ring to it.

'Who transformed you?'

'A Nomad vampire in the 1670's who also transformed Carlisle in the 1660's'

'Are you a threat to human life?'

'No I am not. I haven't even tasted human blood.'

'Are you their type of vampire where they feed off animals?'

'My eyes are gold of course I do.'

'Is their any threat to humans if they arson the same room as you?'

'No threat will be near them, even if their blood is spiller out in front if me.'

'I see no danger. You can live with your coven in peace'

'Thank you Sam'

'Their will be no peace if you bite or kill a human and if you cross to our side. Understand?'

'Yes I do' I replied quickly.

'That's all. Good bye' Sam said

'Bye'

The wolves left and I shivered 'You ok, Isabella?' Edward asked putting a hand on my shoulder.

I breathed in better without the wolves near by 'Yes I am, thank you'

He looked into my dark eyes 'Let's hunt'

I grinned 'Let's go' I said pulling him away from the lake closer to our side of the river.

He led the way after that. We went 10 miles into the forest where we saw a heard of elk and mountain lion. We both had 2 mountain lions and an elk each. 

I laid down on the ground under a tree after hunting to allow the blood to flow better in my body.

'You ok?' Edward asked again.

'Yeah come and look up.' I said. He laid down next to me an he was under half a foot away from me.

'What should I see?' He said.

'The sky turning orange from the sun set. The little sparks of some of the stars. The sky deepening to a dark blue if we where here for another hour.' I said joking about the last part. It was July and the sun was out for a change.

'I can see all of that' Edward replied looking at me then up. The mixed look of desire and pain was on his face again and it was in his mind.

Wanting a mate he knew that was out of bounds being his transformers daughter but wanting her to feel the same way back.

I sat up and pulled him into a hug when he sat up as well. I knew he was my soulmate and he knew it too, but we didn't want to rush things through. I saw that future.

Alice would also see that.

'Thank you for being with Carlisle for all this time.' I whispered into his shoulder still hugging him.

'Don't worry about it. Your here now' he whispered into my hair. He moved one of his hands that was at my waist to run through my hair.

We heard someone approach us. We stood up at the same time into twin crouching positions and growled.
I saw Alice in the future.

I breathed a heavy sign 'Alice!' I called out for her.

'There you two are. Come on, we need to get you both ready.' Alice said as if she didn't know we were their.

Edward and myself both rolled out eyes. But, hey, Alice will be Alice.

I grabbed the lower part of Edward's bare musclier arm and I felt the same electric shock from before 'Come on, we don't have a choice'

He allowed me to drag him along.