Chapter 15 Mike Newton

After lunch ended, Edward led me to my next lesson which was with him in Biology. Mike from the Newton sports store was in the class as well. He started to get on my nerves with his thoughts about me.

After the lesson we both had Gym. The teacher found me a kit and made me get dressed for badminton. After I was handed a racket. Edward come up to me and asked if I wanted to be his partner for badminton. I allowed him to be.

We versed Mike Newton and Jessica Stanley and we won. At the end of the lesson I took our rackets to the sports equipment room. Mike was behind me. 

I turned around acting surprised from his closeness to me. 'Sorry didn't see you there.' I commented.

'It's fine. You where that girl from the shop who's with Cullen, right?' He asked.

'Yes I am' I looked over at him with love in my eyes. He was watching or and thinking for me to hear I'm about to intervene if you need me to.

I winked in his direction meaning that I was fine but to keep a look out. 

I started to walk away from Mike as Edward turned to leave the sports hall and Mike grabbed my waist with his left hand and with his right he held a knife to my neck.

'Ed, help' I whispered at ampere speed for Edward to hear.

'Let go of me Mike' I said for him.

'No I won't. I won't let Cullen have you' he said to me.

'Too bad then for you' I said while grabbing his wrist with the knife in and made him drop it. Everyone looked at what the sound was and stared at Mike being pinned to the wall by myself.

'What is going on here?' The teacher said. Edward come next to me and put his arms around me protectively.

'Mike put the knife to My throat hoping I will get rid of my boyfriend for him and I said no. He wouldn't release me so I got him to drop his knife and pinned him against the wall to keep him away from me.' I said cowering away from him and hugged tighter to Edward.

'It's fine now.' Edward said in a calming way even though he knew I was fine and just pissed off with Mike.

'Mike, Bella follow me' the teacher said. I pulled Edward with me. The teacher led us to the school police officer Chief Charlie Swan.

'Hello Chief Swan.' He said.

'Hello Coach Clap. How can I help you?' He said looking at us three students.

'I would like to issue a complaint against Michael Newton for having not only a knife in school but using it also in a threatening way against a student,' coach said.

'What happened?' He asked. I was too into thinking about my mother's side of the family being called Swan who happened to be the Chief of police's sure name and posably me being my great something nephew. I looked up at Edward in a way to say "you tell the story"

'Mike grabbed Bella from behind and put the knife to her throat and in defence, she got his hand away from her to get him to drop the knife so she could pin him against the wall to make sure no one will get hurt in the process' Edward said for me.

'Well Mike why did you do what you done?' Chief swan asked.

'I have my reasons' he said trying to be powerful in what he said but failing to.

'He wanted me to break up with Edward so i can be with him and I refused to do so.' I said in a small voice.

'Well Mike I am taking you to the station and I'll send an ambulance to take Bella to the hospital to make sure she is fine. She might not have any cuts from the knife but she might have a pain near her waist where, I presume, Mike grabbed you from behind' he asked cautiously looking at me. I nodded a bit at him.

I got my bad from the changing room and so did Mike and Edward. I saw the car ambulance coming in our direction. I'm glad they didn't get the van.

I was led in the hospital with Edward at my side. Carlisle came up to us when we where led into the emergency room.

'Bella! What happened?' He said

'Mike tried to get me to dump Edward by threatening me with a knife to my throat.' I said.

'Where is he?' My father said angrily.

'He is at the police station, with Chief Swan, to have a case against him for having a weapon in school and using it against a student.' I said to him.

'Are you ok?' He asked.

'Just annoyed with him but yeah' I said. 

'That's good'

'They want Bella to have tests done from when Mike grabbed her from behind but that's all' Edward said.

'I'll get right on to it now then.' Carlisle said to us. He closed the curtain and pretended that I was having tests done on me. He put on the paper for me that all of the tests come back clear but I wanted the next day off so he put that I should take the day off tomorrow.

We left the hospital at long last and we had enough time to change cloths as we where in our Gym cloths.

Chief Swan told us that he put a restraining order for me so Mike couldn't be near me and I had my timetable changed so I didn't have to be in his lessons.

When we got home Esme pulled me and Edward into a hug as she heard from Alice what happened. And as the kids we told her we -or I- was fine.