Chapter Three

Edited 22/4/17
Are you enjoying the story so far?

[][][]

Chapter Three

The school bell rings signalling the end of lunch. After the crying girl had left, I sat in the sun and people watched. Very interesting.

The way people have their hair cut tells me they are hiding or displaying something. Or the way they laugh, high pitch and annoying means they are probably faking. Loud and joyful is usually real.

Anyway, standing up I sling my bag over my shoulder. I have PE last period, and to stay in disguise unfortunately it means that any ball coming my way, I have to let hit me.

A wave of students rush past me when I walk down the hallway towards the school gym. Students purposely push or kick me. Muttering nerd of other awful names under their breath.

I round the last corner, and smack into something hard. Falling to the floor, my glasses fly off. Frantically I search the floor for them before a student purposely steps on them.

"Watch where you're going nerd!"

I don't need to look up to know its Adam. I spot my glasses next to his foot, and before I can reach for them he lets his heavy foot land on them. The crunching sound of my glasses, quiets down the passing students.

Rage passes through me. That was the fourth pair of glasses I've had this month. Tommy will spit fire, when he finds out they got broken. Again!

I shuffle to my feet. Still not meeting Adams gaze.

"Sorry didn't see them there." His sarcasm clear, which makes his friends laugh.

Suddenly, Adam is next to my ear.

"I would watch your back if I were you." he whispers in my ear.

I don't say anything, I'm not scared of him. I've been threatened and attacked way worse than he could pull off. Seriously, this is a pathetic attempt to scare me.

My face remains blank, staring at the floor.

Adam steps away and taps his friends shoulder.

I look up to the unrecognisable handsome face staring back at me. His brown hair styled to perfection, and his intense blue eyes hold no emotion that I can decipher.

"Caleb, this is nerdy Ava." Adam introduces.

So the handsome boy has a name. He looks at me, the first emotion I have found is confusion. His eyebrows furrow together, and he tilts his head to the side.

"Where are your nerdy books, nerdy Anna?" he says simply, a smirk plastered to his beautiful face. It's so hard to be annoyed at him when he looks like a Greek god.

I don't say anything, I don't comment on the fact he mistook my name, or the fact his voice sounds deep and godly. I simply just pick up my bag that had fallen during my stumble, and push past them towards PE just as the bell rings. I don't look back but I hear Adam and his goons laughing behind me.

[][][]

I grab my ringing phone from my pocket, interrupting the entire class.

I sheepishly glance towards Mrs Hail. She smiles and nods her head, allowing me to excuse myself to answer the call.

Mrs Hail is a 30 year old woman, the only teacher I actually like. Her blonde hair, waves down past her shoulders, she's married to the vice principal Mr Hail. They are both equally nice.