Chapter Thirteen

Edited 18/6/17

[][][]

Chapter Thirteen 

The constant thump of the bar music can be heard down the street. I walk briskly towards it, a slight frown covering my face. Tommy, begging me to leave my office at 1 am to be dragged to a street bar isn't my type of fun. I had to sit painfully as Tommy sat opposite my desk repeating the word 'please' again and again. I eventually gave in because he was giving me a headache, the bar music I imagine will only make worse. 

"Are you excited?" Tommy asks from beside me, his large coat drops down to the ground making him look 'scary'. His words not mine.

"Not exactly."

"Why not A? You never let loose-"

"-and for good reasons." I finish his sentence. Flicking my blonde fake hair over my shoulder for sass effect.

Sighing, I push open the bar doors. Only to be greeted by the intense smell of beer and sweat. The crowd dance horribly, and the music around the bar is just as horrible.

"I hate this already." I mutter more to myself but unfortunately not quiet enough for Tommy not to hear. 

"Lighten up, I'm getting you a drink."

He guides me... he drags me towards two empty bar stools.

"Two shots of vodka." He yells over the music, to the bartender.

I groan but let Tommy order it.

The shots get pelted down onto the table, spilling some of the liquid. I scrunch up my nose and watch as Tommy slides one of the shots towards me.

"Cheers to us." Tommy yells in excitement.

"Why would we cheer to us?" I ask confused.

Tommy looks at me for a moment before smiling and grabbing his shot.

"Because we have the upper hand, we control the city!" He shouts, pouring the liquid down his throat.

His nose scrunches and his eyes seal shut. That does not look fun.

He opens his eyes and slams the shot glass onto the bar, letting out a howl.

Closet werewolf?

"Ava drink it! You deserve it." He says standing up and trying to catch the eye of the bartender.

I should drink this horrible liquid! I deserve to let loose for one night. Let my worries go for a little while.

After coming to a mental agreement for about fifteen minutes, I chuck my head back and swallow down the shot.

My throat burns for a second before feeling normal again. I put the shot glass on the table and laugh at Tommy's surprised face.

"You actually did it!" He says, mouth open wide, astonishment in his eyes.

I shrug. A grin plastered to my face.

"I'm a hypocrite, but only one."

As the words leave my mouth the bartender slams two more shots on the bar counter. I didn't even realise Tommy  had ordered more.