Chapter Sixteen

Edited 14/7/17 

[][][]

Chapter Sixteen

"Ava, it will be fine." Tommy reassures me, as we drive together towards the familiar North Shore school.

"Shut up I'm trying to concentrate." I state putting my hand up to stop him from talking further. It doesn't work.

"Concentrate on what?!" Tommy yells in amusement.

Three days have passed since my meeting with Jacob and when Tommy barged into my office claiming he had a plan for the teachers of North Shore who want to meet my parents to talk about my horrible grades.

We arrive at the school, four minutes after the bell had rung. The meeting with my teachers was scheduled for the morning.

"Why are you so freaked out?" Tommy asks, getting out of the truck. I join him on the footpath.

"Because I know that if something goes wrong, you will pull me out of school immediately!" I yell at him.

He chuckles.

I groan and lead the way with Tommy in tow, towards the school.

[][][]

My fingers tap impatiently on my leg, Tommy and I are sat outside the principals office.

As we roamed the school hallways, I noticed the late students avoiding Tommy and I like the plague. Is he really that scary?

"Ava Grey, come in." The principal guides us towards the two seats opposite his desk. Some of my teachers are gathered around the room, looking confused at the sight of Tommy. I'm only confused as to why my teachers are here, when they should have classes to teach. 

"So where did you say your parents are?" The principal asks me, tapping away on his computer.

"I didn't." I reply sternly.

Mr Oriental, my maths teacher leans towards Tommy.

"Who are you?" He asks, rudely pointing a finger at Tommy's face.

"I'm looking after Ava, while her parents are away on business." Tommy replies calmly.

Mr Oriental taps his chin and leans back against the wall. His eyebrow raised, as if saying 'I don't believe you'.

"Listen, this really isn't necessary. Ava has been distracted lately, and won't be from now on." Tommy reasons, staring directly at me in a firm voice.

It's then I notice Mrs Hail, my PE teacher standing to my left. She comes close to me and wraps her arm around my shoulder in comfort.

"Is this because of the bullying." She asks not quiet enough. My eyes bolden, I can feel the heat of Tommy's piercing the side of my head. His mood changes like a light switch.

"I need to speak with Ava." Tommy growls through gritted teeth. I sense everyone flinching at Tommy's deathly voice directed towards me.

"We are almo-"

"5 minutes!" Tommy shouts, standing up abruptly. Giving everyone in the room his deathliest glear.

"Tommy don't." I state, trying to grab his wrist to pull him back into his chair.

He rips it from my grip. Quickly, the teachers file out of the room.