Chapter 33

Thank you again @KhushiArora3 for another awesome cover! <3

-

Today is the last full day before I will die.

Well not literally die.

"So you are going to stay hidden for one week?" Caleb clarifies with me, as we sit across from each other at a small cafe for lunch.

"Yep, and have you sorted everything out with 'them'?" I widen my eyes a fraction, to make it seem like I'm scared of these dangerous, very dangerous woodhound gang men. Mentally, I'm rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, I met up with a member yesterday. I acted superbly. The school drama teacher would be proud" He replies. Trying to find humor in this dark, and deathly week.

"You don't even know the drama teachers name" I raise my eyebrows and chuckle. Caleb sends me a playful glare.

"I bet you don't either" He smirks. That shuts me up.

I look away and at the crowded cafe. I hear a small chuckle from Caleb.

"You're incredibly calm for someone who's dying tomorrow" He remarks.

"Well I'm not dying" I reply in a duh tone.

"Yes, however you still have to fake it, and the way you are faking it doesn't agree well with me" He mutters the last part to himself because he knows I will just start an argument about how I know what I'm doing and that he is over exaggerating. To bad I heard him.

Scoffing loudly, I catch the attention of surrounding customers. It probably wasn't a good place to talk about my nearing fake death.

"Caleb stop it alright? We have been over this so many freaking times" I glare at him.

He shrugs. "Why are you even doing this? You really don't want me joining them do you? Because I was going to, I couldn't live with myself if I was the reason why you died"

This flares my anger. How can he say such a thing.

I lean across the table and slap his face, before getting up and storming out. Ignoring the surprised looks from other people.

As I walk down the footpath outside the Cafe. I soon hear the door chimes ring as the door reopens and shuts, and then the loud footsteps of someone running up behind me. I don't need to turn around to know its him.

"What was that for?" He asks, holding his red cheek.

I scoff. "Caleb you know how much I hate Woodhound" I raise my eyebrows as if to say, 'you better know what I'm referring to'.

His eyes widen and I just scoff and continue walking. My parents. I shared with him the story of how my parents were murdered by Woodhound, and yet here he states he was going to join them.

He grabs my forearm to spin me around to face him. "Ava, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking"

I roll my eyes. "How can you say you were going to join them. If I meant that much to you, you wouldn't have even gotten involved with them in the first place"

Caleb looks guilty as he rubs the back of his neck and sighs.

"I would never have joined them in the first place, even after I found out about your parents. It just makes me hate them more" He grits his teeth and his jaw tightens.

"Caleb you can't join them. Please never join them. Even if I die, promise me you won't join them. No matter what" I state. My eyes held on him as he looks at me once again guiltily, not that he ever stopped looking at me like that since I stormed out of the cafe.