Chapter Fifteen

Edited 2/7/17

[][][]

Chapter Fifteen 

I wake up the next morning to a raining Sunday. Fortunately I didn't have a nightmare last night, so I guess the sleeping pills helped keep me at bay. 

Caleb went home after eleven last night. We hung out all day baking cupcakes, watching movies and just chatting.

It was nice to just relax, even for just a day. Finn was at the gang late last night and had said Tommy was confused about why I didn't turn up to my training with Sam, but thankfully Finn promised he hadn't said anything about Caleb.

I reluctantly peel away from my warm bed and saunter towards the bathroom. I have a shower, dress into my usual clothes and tie my brown curls into a bun.

Picking up my phone off the bedside table, I make my way downstairs. The clock reads 12:34pm. Finn isn't up yet obviously after staying out late so I leave him a note.

My car is parked under a cover luckily because I do not want to go out in the rain. Getting into my black Audi R8 I drive the familiar road to the warehouse.

[][][]

"Hello Mr..." I begin greeting.

"Please, I go by first names." He interjects taking my outstretched hand, into a handshake.

"Well then hello..."

"Jacob." He finishes for me. We both laugh and I take a seat opposite him.

"Thank you for meeting with me." He starts talking, I sit back in the leather seat and give him my full attention.

I nod at him and he continues, "Usually I wouldn't come to an illegal gang for help, but I'm desperate." 

"I shared a company with my brother but he died years ago, so I took over. I never really was good with accounts and unfortunately the money for my property company has been drained."

I just nod my head as he explains.

"I have a family to care for, the bank won't loan me anymore money for my company."

"You want me to fund you." I finish for him, already expecting the answer.

"Yeah.." He answers looking away shamefully.

"Jacob, what I do in my gang is non of your concern, however my gang occasionally needs properties, I will fund your company if you supply us with properties all over the city." I reason with him.

"However if you are, as bad with money as you say, I will have no choice, there will be consequences if I don't get my money back. This is a serious matter, the fact the bank won't loan you money proves that your spending is horrific. I will give you an accountant who will work for you, for 6 months, by then if my money isn't back." I don't finish, and his widened eyes suggested he knows what I was implying. 

"That's my end of the deal" I conclude.

He sits clicking his teeth thinking my proposal over. After what feels like hours he finally smiles.

"I think that would work." He replies standing up and giving me his hand to shake.

I nod, "I will get my assistant to give you the contract to sign."