Chapter Twelve

Edited 7/6/17

[][][]

Chapter Twelve 

"It's your fault!" My mother yells at me.

I awake, sweat covering my body sticking to the sheets of my bed. I groan in temper. Checking my clock it reads 6:22 am. The same nightmare. I'm worried how the nightmares are becoming more and more constant, but I don't dwell on this concern. 

Rolling out of bed, I make my way, in the dark towards the bathroom. Kicking last nights dinner plate and my computer in the process.

Today is going to be horrible. I can tell.

After getting ready for school in my bathroom and I get downstairs and see Finn sitting at the counter.

"Hey Finn." I greet, walking past him and grabbing an apple.

I hear him reply with, "Morning." before he goes back to his newspaper.

"I'm going to school, call Patrick if you need a ride anywhere." I shout, as I exit through the front door. 

My private driver Patrick, drives Finn more than he drives me. 

I make my way to my car, regretfully remembering yesterday. I should have thought about my actions at the hospital. I shouldn't have disappeared, I overreacted. I just didn't want the hospital to realise who I am and arrest me and take Finn from me. I can't lose my only family left. Now I have to deal with the consequences, which means a lot of guaranteed questions from Caleb, asking where I disappeared to.

When I reach the school, I make my way to my locker. Avoiding all eyes. Quickly getting my books, I hear footsteps approach. A lot of footsteps.

Here we go...

"How's your stomach nerdy Ava?"

I roll my eyes. My day is so repetitive. Wake up, get beat up, beat people up, sleep. Repeat.

"Go away Adam." I reply curtly, slamming my locker shut. Looking Adam in the eye.

"Not today." He replies laughing.

I don't reply, and turn around to make my way to class. I really don't want to deal with him today. I really don't. Not after the handful of sleepless nights I've been having recently. 

"You can't leave that easily." He grumbles, grabbing my wrist.

I don't even think about it and turn around and punch him straight in the nose.

He falls back into his friends. People around us, look at me in shock and confusion. That's when I decide to get out of there. With a quick pace, I make my way to English. When I sit down a familiar girl comes up to me.

"Hey, it's Ava right?" She asks, her blonde curly hair tucked behind her ears.

"Do I know you?" I ask bluntly.

She smiles awkwardly, and hands me a packet of tissues.

What the..?

"Just returning them." She shrugs and sits down beside me in the always empty desk.

The gears in my head begin turning and very quickly I remember her. It was the crying girl. The one I gave tissues too because I felt sorry for her. That must have been an odd day, because I don't recall ever being that nice to someone I didn't know.