Chapter 37

(A/N: This is unedited, because I wanted to post this chapter immediately after I had written in. I will fix all mistakes laters)

CALEB'S POV:

The guard throws the brown haired girl onto the floor of my cell. She looks familiar. 

I rush over to her, just as her eyes flutter closed and she loses consciousness. The guard kicks her again before shutting the cell door and locking it. 

I move the brown hair from her face and gasp. Ava? 

What the hell is she doing here?! 

Why did she dye her hair?

I fight against the questions wanting to be answered, obviously that cannot happen right now. Picking her up in my arms I bring her back to where my not-so very comfy mattress is. 

Placing her onto the mattress, I sit down next to her, and rip some cloth from the small sheet Jackson had given me. I then proceed to wet the cloth in my water supply, and clean up the dried blood from Ava's nose and lip. 

I sit back against the wall and watch her sleep, as creepy as it sounds. But I feel like I have seen Ava with brown hair before. I just can't remember where.

After many hours and well into the next night, Ava slurs before her eyes open revealing the surprised look as she notices me. Her expression then turns into one of relief. 

"Oh thank god your okay." She groans, probably from the injury's she took getting into my cell. Although I cannot imagine what she went through when they found her. 

"Ava, what are you doing here?" I ask, deciding not to question her about her hair yet. There are more important questions to be answered right now. 

"I've come to get you out of here" She replies, standing up and stretching, but wincing slightly from the bruises. 

"You shouldn't have come Ava, look what they did to you" I reply, frowning and shaking my head while looking away from her. 

I wish she wasn't here, she should never have to deal with this torture of hell.

"Well I can't back down now, so why don't we get out of here?" Ava replies confidently. 

I look at her, just to make sure it's still her. 

Why isn't she in more pain? Her nose looks broken and she has bruises and cuts all over her. 

"I would love to see you try A" Jackson comments humorously from the other side of the bars. 

Wait A? Where have I heard that name?

"You can count on it Jackson" Ava replies sarcastically humorous.

I stand up and walk over next to Ava. Maybe I can reason with him, to let her go?

"Jackson, let her go. It's me you want not her" I say, gripping my hands against the bars.

"Oh, actually I would much rather her" Jackson replies sending a triumph grin towards Ava. 

"Why?" I ask, not really understanding what Jackson could use Ava for. 

"Caleb I am ashamed of you. Do you seriously not know who she is?" Jackson glares at me. But then smirks at Ava. 

I stand in front of Ava, protecting her from my pathetic excuse of a brother. 

"She is my girlfriend" I reply confidently. Even though Ava and I never really labeled our relationship. 

Jackson laughs.