Chapter 20

(Ps: this is not edited Xx)

AVA POV:

The next week was spent avoiding eye contact with Caleb at school.

After I had broken off the tutor bond we had, Caleb completely changed. He changed back into the person I met at the start of school.

I would walk around corners and find him pressed up against some bimbo. I won't lie and say it didn't hurt.

I'm not madly in love with him, I don't even like him. But for some reason, as I watched him wink at me as he began smothering some girls face, a weird feeling erupted in my stomach. A feeling I am familiar with, but won't say out loud. I'll tell you, it confused the heck out of me. I shouldn't be feeling the J word. He's an asshole.

Sam didn't talk to me about him. We barley talked. I continued on with my day as a nerd, ignoring Adam and the other bullies that follow me around. Taunting and mocking me.

As for the gang, everything was busy. I had been in meetings for hours and hours after school. Arranging for one of the smart gang members to do my homework for me. My meetings were with successful companies, us talking and coming to agreements. In the long run, it would make both grey gang, and whatever company a lot richer. I drifted through the week. When I wasn't avoiding Caleb, I was with tommy.

"A?"

"What?" I asked back, as tommy stuck his head into my office.

"Urgent meeting" tommy answered, leaving immediately to gather the rest of the members.

Last time tommy called for an urgent meeting was when one the heists I was running went south.

I picked up my laptop and carried it to the meeting room.

As I arrived I noticed all the seats filled except for mine. I took my seat and nodded to my members.

Tommy shut the door forcefully and came and sat next to me.

"Okay so, I've called an urgent meeting because one of our investment opportunities that had failed to meet our requirements has leaked some information revolving around the dispute"

"Who?" someone from the far end of the table asked.

"Jacob Peterson, - CEO of Peterson properties, bankrupt and has compromised A's cover weeks ago"

"You are joking?!" I slammed my fist on the table, I noticed some squirmers jolted at the sound of my deathly voice.

"I'll kill him myself" I muttered, standing up from the desk and placing both hands down flat on the table in a serious matter.

"Where is he?" I asked Tommy.

"He's hanging low, but it won't take us long to find him. I want to arrange a group to get him and bring him back here immediately" tommy answered, looking around the table.

"I can find him" Sam said sitting up in his chair.

"What? You gonna ask Caleb?" I asked him, he looked at me confused.

"Yeah?"

"Don't be an idiot Sam! What's Caleb going to think after you ask where jacob is and then Jacob dissappares!" I shout back at him. Causing Sam to realise and sink back in his seat.