Chapter Seven

Edited 22/4/17
If you want to send me your book covers, please do!
Mcjennels@gmail.com
You will be featured in a chapter! :)

[][][]

Chapter Seven

After finding out that we are locked in our school with no phones to call for help, I decided to get comfy.

I slide down the wall, and take rest on the floor, Caleb watches me and then decides to follow suit.

We will get out in the morning, I suppose.

"I'm sorry." Caleb mutters.

"Why are you sorry?" I ask turning to face him, finding out he's already looking me.

"Because I decided to study at the library." He says shaking his head.

"Well it's my fault entirely for being too dumb, and actually needing a tutor." I say chuckling.

Caleb just stares at me.

"You aren't dumb." He says. I raise an eyebrow, as my stomach begins rumbling. I think, I'm just hungry.

Choosing not to reply, I cast a glance at Caleb and realise the only light to see is from the moon casting through the large hallway mirrors.

We sit in silence.

"Ava?"

"Mm." I sound, as I lay down getting comfy for the night.

"Did Adam hurt you?" Caleb asks.

I sit up straight and look at him.

He looks apologetic. Why does he look so sorry?

"What do you mean?" I ask, avoiding the question.

"Did Adam hurt you?" Caleb repeats. His eyes shine with guilt, and concern.

"Try and get some sleep." I reply instead, patting his shoulder.

"Today. Did Adam kick you!" He asks angrily. His voice edged with no humour.

I feel myself giving in. Wanting to tell him what happened. But I don't know if I can trust him.

"Just go to sleep Caleb." I say reassuringly.

"Let me see." He says. I almost choke.

"Absolutely not!" I half yell.

There is no way I would show him my stomach Adams bruises are tiny and doesn't effect me compared to some of the scars and marks I have.

"Why?" He asks with a curiosity.

"Because." Is all I reply with.

Suddenly Caleb lifts up his shirt and there's a huge scar on his stomach.

My eyes widen in shock. Where did he get that scar? It's huge.

I feel myself wanting to ask him how he got it, but I don't want to overstep.

Slowly I move my hand up and run my fingers along the scar. Caleb flinches but remains there staring at me.

"What happened?" I ask, biting the bullet when my curiosity gets the better of me.

"A man."

A man? Who, what, how? My questions are bottling up but I sit back, and Caleb pulls his shirt down.

"He came at my little sister with a knife, I jumped in the way." He continues.

My throat goes dry, reminding me of when Finn was attacked by drunk people.